Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fly tippers – eastern peaks
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Over the last few months theres been a massive amount of flytipping going on around the east side of the Peaks – always buiders waste, and usually in really blatant locations – the latest lot I’ve spotted is halfway across the road under Stanage (that’s a bathtub in the middle for scale). There’s also been quite a bit dumped on the road across to Bamford, and over the weekend stuff on Dirtlow Rake and the top of Cavedale. (see PDMTB facebook)

As bikers tend to be about at all kind of weird hours, can you keep an eye out for anything like this in progress? Any info – please pass on to pat.lawson@derbyshiredales.gov.uk who is the poor sod running round clearing up after these scumbags.

(obviously if you’re mob handed, please feel free to own with bombers/wee in shoes/insert broken toilet pan shards where the sun don’t shine and extract justice that way)

Properly, properly, boils my urine, it really does. The sheer blatantness of it screams “we don’t care and we know we’re not going to get caught”. I for one have a VERY strong desire to change that.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

You get it everywhere these days.The amount you see in Gloucestershire and Wilts is crazy.They must be local to know of the places which are well of the beaten track.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I used to have to dodge stuff like that on my commute, dead end road they would tip it right in middle of road.
    Once nearly crashed into 2 cookers and a pile of rubble.

Where i used to live in Scotland there was one road which always had at least one old sofa along it at any given time and that was a in a place where local council would have collected it from your house if you called them.
    There just is no cure for stupid and those who just dont care.

xora

My latest fly tipping spotting is two wheely bins? WTF?

Near Shotts!

GHill

Will keep my eyes peeled (and be careful not to dump said peelings).

jonathan
    Free Member

Walked past that pile on Saturday. I’ve seen plenty of fly tipping but I was pretty shocked by that – slap bang in the middle of one of the Peak’s most beautiful spots. Actually quite hard to imaging the mentality of someone who would do that, rather than try and scurry it away on a deadend lane like usual.

If you see it happening report it please!

scandal42
    Free Member

Bunch of ****

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I can *almost* (only almost, mind) understand the mindset that says a discreet bit of flytipping down the back of some spoil heap or in disused buildings etc where its already a poohole, but it does bug me that there’s people out there who “get” the beauty of areas like Stanage so little that they’re happy to do this. Or maybe they’re doing it there *because* they know it will piss so many people like us off. Either way, a clip round the ear (with the aforementioned bombers) is very much needed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fly tippers – eastern peaks’ is closed to new replies.