Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Floyd Landis to retire
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

Apparently Landis has decided to retire from bike racing. Nothing to do with not being able to find a team to race for eh Floyd?

Even if he is innoncent (which I do not believe), his actions over the past few years have caused more harm than good in my opinion, so I think the sport is better off without him.

No doubt he’ll pop up in the news again in a few months with some more accusations though. 🙄

Speshpaul

“Even if he is innoncent”
    guilty as charged and has fessed up to it.

he is a Scum bag of the highest order. (for being a liar)

mrmo
    Free Member

Pity he didn’t come clean on day one, he may have had some credibility left, as it is….

hora
    Free Member

Of what?

crazy-legs

Anyone else think that in a few years time he’ll turn up dead in a hotel room a la Marco Pantani.
    In some ways I feel a bit sorry for him (although to be fair he brought the whole thing on himself). He’s got nothing left – zero credibility, no money, not much in the way of friends after his lies, accusations etc, no-one who’s into cycling has any interest in him anymore. Not a lot left to live for really.

hora
    Free Member

Its the fact that he tried using the US system to get the charges thrown out on any sort of technicality. When this failed he then tried to turn ‘witness’ against other cyclists didn’t he?

nostoc
    Free Member

He was clean when he rode for USPS but guilty afterwards

hora
    Free Member

nostoc, how do you know this?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Well he did try to claim he wasn’t involved in doping for a good while, but yeah, he has now given up on that argument.

LsD
    Free Member

I hear in similar news that Gary Glitter has given up hillwalking…………

bigdawg
    Free Member

landis has for a long time admitted to doping (except on ‘that’ stage of the tdf) and to there being extensive systematic doping throughout his time with US Postal, and is currently the main witnessat the centre of a major US investigation (theres plenty of pages of venom on bikeradar on this very subject)

dbrower
    Free Member

Nothing to do with not being able to find a team to race for eh Floyd?

Not much of a guess there, since the ESPN article says flatly that was the cause.

I don’t think his presence or absence means much — he was hardly the only one doping, what revelations he’s made have been done, and there’s nothing more he can really do to fix anything. He’s not a Pantani, being pretty realistic, never worshipped the same way, and not being that kind of partier.

If it makes you feel better, go ahead and keep shooting at him, but what’s the point? It’s not like there’s much more that can be done to him.

-dB

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Floyd Landis to retire’ is closed to new replies.