Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flowy Alps Stuff?
  • 5thumbs
    Free Member

I’d like to finally pop my Alps cherry but not looking for anything too rad. Basically ace single track in stunning surroundings sounds like heaven to me. Don’t mind tecchy but not mahoosive jumps and drop type things.

I saw an article in MBR couple of years back for riding in Meribel which looked great but would be interested in any recommendations/experiences.

Cheers

windydave13
    Free Member

Highly recommend Bike Village. We’re going back for our third year

Mountain Bike Holidays French Alps

Dave

professor_fate
    Free Member

You want to go on an organised trip or be adventurous and explore an area?

5thumbs
    Free Member

You want to go on an organised trip or be adventurous and explore an area?

Haven’t really got that far. This would be my first trip so probably getting someone to show me the ropes would work best I suspect.

rwills2
    Free Member

Sounds like your after the same thing as me, started a thread earlier but not had any replies as of yet.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-been

Bike village does seem good.

mrlugz
    Free Member

We based ourselves here last year
    http://www.chaletsdirect.com/larosiere/hotel_la_roz.htm

We had guides from the local hire shop who where great.

Rode Les Arcs, Tignes, La rosiere and had a trip across to Italy.

Was awesome. Going back this year 🙂

torihada
    Free Member

Trai Addiction

Returning 3rd time in 4 years for their Destination X package in July.

Stay at one of their Les Arcs Chalets and they’ll assess you on the first day and then stick you with other riders of similar ability for the rest of the week.

Great trails that you’ll never find on your own. Really nice technical single track, high mountain routes, black technical, some cheeky local built free ride stuff & DH trails in resort: depends on your ability.

Last year I took 18 riders to Chatel & we explored PDS on big bikes. Our Chalet host said he was going to guide, but it didn’t pan out: he just wasn’t up to the job. Our week was a glorified bike park session, which was OK but none of us will be returning. The guides at Trail Addiction make the trip what it is: superb local knowledge and seamless riding.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Recommendation for the White Room, sounds like it fits the bill for you.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 for the White Room.

kcshaple
    Free Member

Went to Alps for the first time, with Bike Village, last year (50yo with 12 yrs experience of the mountains of North Hampshire and annual UK trail centre trips). Superb week, excellent guides, trails and food. Steeper and far longer than any trails done before – but it is the Alps! Can now do tight switchbacks in my sleep. Couldn’t rate the week more highly, but back to the “flat” 7Stanes this year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flowy Alps Stuff?’ is closed to new replies.