Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Flooring for camper/bike van
  • boxelder

About to get my first van. Got the lining, seating etc sorted. Any recs for what to cover the floor with? Automotive carpet, vinyl, rubbery dotty stuff??
    Cheapish and durable, but looking suave??

montylikesbeer

I fit this inside lifts we modernise, highly durable, non slip, its the best

Rubber polyflor clicky

or this

Polysafe clicky

flatfish
    Free Member

cheap cord carpet, i've had mine in my van for 5 years now with only one small oil spill on it. easy replacable, quietens down the road noise and adds a bit of warmth.

spooky_b329

I wanted the rubber dot stuff, but it was too expensive so went for vinyl flooring. Was quite hard to find one that wasn't imitation wood/tile as that would look a bit silly 😉

My van is a camper so the floor is 25mm Kingspan and battens, 12mm Ply, then Vinyl. Next time I would probably use a thinner heavy duty rubber for sound deadening more than thermal insulation, then 9mm ply, as it wouldn't maintain a bit extra headroom and the insulation would be better added to the ceiling.

VanHalen

laminate floor in my van.

csb

If it's a proper van i.e. for taking loads to the dump as well as bikes/camping then carpet underlay on the metal, ply on top of that, then any old carpet on that that can be dragged out to get rid of debris.

alfabus
    Free Member

My van had vinyl floor which looked like aluminium checkerboard… they sell it in b&q

karnali
    Free Member

add atouch of class and maybe a nice hand woven rug
    http://www.drummonds-arch.co.uk/product/furniture/Wood_flooring/51/736.htm

have a good christmas

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

have a look on the t5 forum clicky and with a searh you will find loads of advice.

the general fave is altro flooring (all the local van converters around here swear by it), you can get 3 x 2m off cuts on ebay for very little cash.

there's even a youtube clip on the subject… another clicky

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Flooring for camper/bike van’ is closed to new replies.