Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flights to Geneva
  • sambob
    Free Member

Planning to go to do the 3 Countries tour next year, anyone recommend an airline? I’ll have my bike, but that’s only 30lbs, so shouldn’t be over any weight limits. Thanks for any help.

igm

I’m not recommending Easyjet as such, but if you’re close to Liverpool Airport they tend to be cheap from there.

Alphabet

I flown loads of times from Liverpool to Geneva with Easyjet. Never had any problem with taking a bike.

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers, I’m on the western edge of the Peak District so Manchester is closer but not by enough to ignore a saving if it’s more than the fuel to get there.

supertacky
    Free Member

Ive flown with easy jet from Glasgow and Newcastle with downhill bikes.
    No problems on any of my four trips. I paid to have my bike taken. IIRC its about £30 return.
    Cheapest way by far.

slugwash
    Free Member

When you get there then Cham Express are a good bet for your transfer from Geneva to Chamonix (presuming you’re starting the tour from there) 28 Euros each way including your bike.

I’ve flown to Geneva with Easyjet & bike twice with no problems. I’ll be doing the three countries tour next year as well, probably in September.

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers slugwash, transfers are included for the 3 countries tour anyway with MBMB. Cheapest I’ve got so far is about £140, that reasonable?

iDave
    Free Member

easyjet from liverpool is always cheaper than from manchester

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Five flights (in total) with Easyjet this year to/from Gatwick

No problems to report – bike turned up on all occasions – no damage in transit (I do pack carefully just to be sure)

Cost for the bike was £25 each way

Have flown BA once or twice & they took my bike at no extra charge (this was a couple of years ago & I’m not sure if they have changed their policy since then) – also managed to get Swiss Airways to take my bike for free

supertacky
    Free Member

The one and only time I was charged overbaggage was with BA and we got totally shafted on our return from Geneva, each having to pay around 100 euros.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flights to Geneva’ is closed to new replies.