Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Flickr update
  • zokes
    Free Member

Which just proves to me how much I prefer the new look!

The view’s fine, its the changes in how they see their future business model that are not…

spacemonkey

Hallelujah, my sets are now appearing properly. May have been a 24hr propagation thang?

spacemonkey

BTW, there’s one thing I could never work out how to do on Flickr, hence I stopped using it: if I take a bunch of pics in say Nov 05 but upload them in Aug 12, how can I get the dates to reflect when they were taken, not uploaded?

ski
    Free Member

Slightly OT, but relevant to flickr users or any online visible photo storage, who has not watermarked their work, be warned:

A new enabling law has been given Royal Assent that changes the way images can be used. This is being done on the back of business innovation. In essence, a company / individual can find your image online, strip it of the exif data and claim they didn’t know where it came from. A half-hearted attempt to show they “tried” to find out, and they can use your image without recompense unless and until you find them using your image, and it is then down to the small claims court to get a fee out of them.

If you hide your exif data on Flickr, or any other web presence, I urge you to reconsider. Place a copyright statement in each image, put a watermark over it. Republish every image in your stream to prevent this legalized theft.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22337406

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49422

[edit] I preferred the old flickr site, but then again I was a big fan of Win 3.1 too 😉

zokes
    Free Member

It is OT, Ski, but as Flickr is hosted in the US, and therefore presumably governed by US law, how does a UK law make any difference. Also, it was my understanding that an external auditor oversaw whether or not an image was ‘orphaned’ or not.

andytherocketeer

where it’s hosted is meaningless. If you’re in UK, find an image you like, then UK law applies.

US copyright owners are pretty pee’d off at this UK law too.

I don’t think that it’s legal as such to purposefully strip EXIF ownership details, then claim “Oh I don’t know who owns this, and there are no details”. I think the issue was Google, Yahoo, etc. stripping details, then publishing photos or flogging to Getty etc. But there’ll be a push to have them preserved in all online album (etc.) repositories.

Now… how to make my camera insert (c) Andy the Rocketeer into every photo…

slugwash
    Free Member

Has the photo editing function been removed from the new Flickr then? I can’t find it anywhere 😕

(T’was not half as good as Picnic anyway)

scotroutes

It’s still there. Click on the photo to open it then look at the little icons bottom right. Click on the 3 dots.

slugwash
    Free Member

Cheers, nothing was happening when I initially clicked on the three dots. Now, at least, it’s saying

There was a problem connecting to Aviary. We should try this again a little later.

Might get there eventually 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

On the plus side, my balls have finally stopped spinning (at work) and it now loads my photostream.

Oh, and someone sent me this link also…

http://www.ipernity.com/apps/gm

:mrgreen:

zokes
    Free Member

Oh, and someone sent me this link also…

Yes, just waiting for that second app, then I’m off!

Muke
    Free Member

If I delete my contacts do they get notification of the fact ?

CountZero

Seems that Yahoo have responded to criticism, and gone back to the old Pro paid-for system for those who wish to stay with it.
    Also, there’s talk that Flickr will be deeply embedded into iOS, allowing users to upload with one or two clicks.
    With 1Tb for free, I think I’ll start uploading lots more of my photos.

footflaps

It is a coincidence of does ipernity look just like how Flickr used to?

Looks very tempting……

theflatboy
    Free Member

I just want my stats back. I loved stats. 🙁

zokes
    Free Member

Seems that Yahoo have responded to criticism, and gone back to the old Pro paid-for system for those who wish to stay with it.

Good spot. At $45/2yr it’s still the cheapest unlimited photo hosting site I found in my search yesterday for alternatives. And yes, now ‘Pro’ has the new benefits of ‘free’ (bigger photos etc) whilst retaining stats, control over downloads etc.

theflatboy
    Free Member

My pro account had just lapsed by a few days so no recurring pro or stats for me. 🙁

scotroutes

I still don’t like the way that Collections are buried deep. Trying to impose a common “landing page” rather than allowing it to be user-customised seems like a very retrograde step these days.

grahamh
    Free Member

Who ever was on the design team should have had a good read of this site first web pages that suck.

Geez if the team I work with did something as piss poor as that, I think the members of the board would have a lot to say.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Sounds like stats are going to be back on offer now – link’s back but they don’t currently work… annoying!

STATO
    Free Member

I still don’t like the way that Collections are buried deep. Trying to impose a common “landing page” rather than allowing it to be user-customised seems like a very retrograde step these days.

Based on the people i followed or peoples pictures i looked at (over last 3+ years as a pro user) very few people made use of the collection option, perhaps they need a nudge to let them know its useful.

STATO
    Free Member

Sounds like stats are going to be back on offer now – link’s back but they don’t currently work… annoying!

Mine seem to, not checked till now tho so could have just been turned back on.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Flickr update’ is closed to new replies.