Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • flexi seat post req
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

I know it sounds a daft question but I use a 410mm Tompson seat post er alot stiff and it hurts

So anyone recommend a er flexi seat post not a thud buster etc

Ta in advance

jedi

comfier saddle?

druidh
    Free Member

Anything carbon. You also get some nice Ti posts. Thomsons are pretty stiff though!

saladdodger
    Free Member

I use a Charge Spoon which is comfortable and I do have a bit of padding on my arse 😳

pedalhead
    Free Member

what's the bike?

saladdodger
    Free Member

16" 456 with alot of seatpost showning and 2.25" tyres

and no I do not want to go back to a full susser

Northwind

I've got a Raceface Next stuck in a plastic 27.2-31.6 shim, with a ti railed saddle. Should be flexy as hell, honestly, I can barely feel any difference between all that and my 31.6, enormously heavy bontrager alu post.

Ti spoon is suppose to be a bit comfier btw.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Maybe try standing up more when you're going over bumps.

househusband

Easton EC70 CNT – have one on my Soul and it offers a good amount of flex, certainly as much as the Ti post I had several years ago. Does make for more comfortable longer rides.

TooTall
    Free Member

Get a bigger bike so you have more bike / less of a single tube to absorb the forces.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Just replaced the Thomson post with an Eriksen Ti on my Pegasus and the difference in comfort is noticeable. Not sure it's worth the $$ though. Have you got a decent pair of shorts? Getting some Sugoi RS shorts made more difference for me than either saddle or seatpost.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

USE alu posts, very flexy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘flexi seat post req’ is closed to new replies.