Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • FleaBay?!? How much?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Looking to put a substantial reserve on a bike, as I don't want it to be sold for 50p and they want £20!

That's 6 grande lattes and a cinnamon swirl from Starbucks! Or a set of brake pads and a few power bars!

Is there a cheeky way of cancelling an auction if it isn't going your way? But then how do you know? Most fleabay seems to be a lat minute rush!

grrrrrrr

dooosuk
    Free Member

Most bidding happens in the last couple of minutes and I don't believe you can cancel the auction that close to the end.

Set up a dummy account and bid from that to your reserve..if you win, issue a non paying bidder against your dummy account and then claim the final sale fee's back from ebay?

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

dooosuk

The'll know its your sub account as it will get canceled..
    It will be the same IP address DUMMY !?

Just stick a very minium reserve your willing to let it go at mate..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ewan
    Free Member

No point in a reserve. Just set it to 99p and assume it'll be ok (i've never had one that isn't) or just set the starting bid at your reserve. If anything reserves put people off as they normally assume it's higher than it is.

Or. do what dooosuk suggests… but that is morally ambigious.

ziggy
    Free Member

Shill bidding 🙄

So you want to get premium price for something your selling with access to millions of buyers but you don't want to pay for it?

Oh and you can't cancel an auction in the last 24 hours.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Email me. I can save you the £20

I'll bid on your bike to your reserve. If it doesn't get to this price and I win, you cancel/void the sale afterwards, and you pay no fees at all.

I had a seller give me a decent discount on an item I picked up for doing this, because he avoided paying the fees. 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

I've got a set of forks on the Bay at the moment, currently sitting at just £13.50 with 60 odd watchers… bloody hoping there's a mad rush at the end!

Olly
    Free Member

put in a caveat?

"item is also advertised elsewhere, highest price overall wins, winner doesnt nessecerily beat the people bidding on the ad in the paper"

?

tails
    Free Member

What is the item Andy, someone here might want it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘FleaBay?!? How much?’ is closed to new replies.