Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Flat/Wide bar recommendations.
  • renton
    Free Member

I need some wide flat bars for my new bike.

any recommendations please!!

cheers

Steve

ahwiles
    Free Member

budget?

how wide is ‘wide’?

sweep?

pootling round some field edges, or hucking off cliffs?

i like my Ritchey trail 2X, they were £25, 740mm, 9degree sweep, and 285grams.

9 degrees is about the limit before it gets a bit ‘niche’. 740mm isn’t *that* wide, but it’s where my wrists are happy, 285g is a bit on the skinny side for an Aluminium bar, so they’ve gone on my hardtail, not my #Enduro_Gnarpoon.

renton
    Free Member

Wider than 750mm (this is what my risers were? do you go same width in flats??)

Going on my only mtb which is used for everything.

I dont want to much sweep as that shortens the cockpit length.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Kingdom ti

renton
    Free Member

Wow they look lovely !!

Shame they arent a bit wider !!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

££ SS Helium carbon

££££ Syntace Vector carbon

see also Kinesis Strut (but they have too little backsweep for me)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve some On one el-guapo’s (800mm), nukeproof warhead 760mm and on-one knuckleball (777mm). All cheap-ish and good. Although the knuckleball is a riser, and they only do the 777mm version in hard, which is brutally stiff, probably fine with suspension but a killer on my Fatty!

Does anyone know of any wide but swept back bars? Like a 780mm version of On one’s OG bars?

letmetalktomark

If you can find them still these are a very comfortable, wide, flat bar:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/handlebars/handlebars-mountain/product/review-sunline-v-one-os-flat-bar-10-39731/

I run them on two bikes but when I was after a third I went with one of these:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBTIEGAF/el-guapo-ancho-flat-handlebars

Cheaper, marginally heavier but very similar in feel. Cheap too so if you didn’t like them its nothing really lost!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Thomson Carbon.

Yum

thestabiliser
    Free Member

sunnline 762 – cheapy cheapy

nuke

Depends if you mean flat or flatish…ive 2 flatish bars, both 12mm rise, sat on my table here: Thomson carbon Trail 750mm wide & 210g or SS Flatland 780mm & 330g…Thomson is lovely but the Flatland looks good also and has a nice finish plus, with Mondays money off code, cost me just over £26 and arrived very quickly with sweets 🙂

BillOddie

On-One el-guapo flats! They were selling them for a tenner. Amazing bar for the money!

legend
    Free Member

I thought you hadn’t ridden it yet?

Candodavid
    Free Member

I’ve got some Syntace 800mm alloy bars, but swapped back to Kingdom Ti, plenty wide enough

renton
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden it yet but the bars that came with it are 700mm wide.

I haven’t used anything that narrow since 1998.

legend
    Free Member

fair enough, I’ll give you that one 😉

still worth a quick spin to check if you really want flats though

renton
    Free Member

As most people have said the front of the 29er is already high. I think a set of risers will make it to high to be honest.

schmiken

Kingdom Ti, cut down to 700mm wide on both of my race bikes. Very comfy and I have absolute trust in them.

Northwind

RSP Ego DH? Haven’t used one but good weight and sensible looking angles, great price.

niksnr
    Free Member

Burgtec RWR bars. Not the cheapest but look lovely and feel great at getting weight over front end (oh……..and British too!).

chakaping
    Free Member

YGM Renton, might have just the ticket for you.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Flat/Wide bar recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.