Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Flat tyre
  • psychobiker
    Free Member

Went out for my evening jaunt last night.

pegging it down a bridleway, when all of a sudden I satrt getting a ting ting sound, about even with every revolution with the wheel. Has happened before when I picked up sticks etcc in the spokes.

Keep going for a while. Cant see behind me as only have bar lights.

Bike suddenly goes very squirmy.

Stop have a feel, and something is sticking out of the rear tyre. Had a pull and couldnt remove, so had to walk home. Luckily I was only 3 miles out.

Anyway got home, went in the garage, and took a picture.

A bloody 3 inch nail. How do I pick up a 3 inch nail on a bridleway in the middle of nowhere.

Changed the inner tube today, albeit the tyre is pretty knackered and I don’t think will last long. And also had 3 thorns in the tyre, so I guess slime inner tubes really work, although the slime is now everywhere. 😆

Pook

People who build fences I reckon

psychobiker
    Free Member

You would have thought so, but a brook one side, then an open field, and an open field the other side. No fences for miles around, only hedgerows.

alexpalacefan

Former archaeologist here. Muck spreading will be what caused that. Farms have a muck-heap in the farm yard. Animal crap goes on it, but also assorted refuse from the farm.

When the stuff is spread onto the fields as fertiliser you’d be surprised what gets spread about.

APF

psychobiker
    Free Member

In fact about here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Flat tyre’ is closed to new replies.