Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flat Shoes in The Wet…Any Recommendations?
  • nwill1
    Free Member

I currently have some Five Ten Impacts, great shoes but take a long time to dry out when they get wet…as we head into what might be a wet Autumn/Winter any recommendation a for a shoe that’s up to the job?

DeeW
    Free Member

Blatant plug but Sombrio Shazam X are perfect in the wet. Now discontinued but I have a pair in a UK 8.5 for sale in the classifieds.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Five Ten Freerider Elements

Though less coverage than the Impacts, they a) don’t make you look a bit “special” and b) cope with getting wet way better than the impacts.

The more open style I’ve found is no problem at all. My Impacts are now spares just in case the Freerider Elements get soaked, but they dry out fast overnight so never really need the Impacts as spare anyway.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

Five Ten Karver…………they have a flap over the laces to prevent most of the water getting in. Or with Impacts/other 5-10s, you can use a bit of thin rubber held in place by the laces top and bottom which does the same job.

kayak23

Shimano Am41.
    Lace flap and not such a sponge as 5-10 impacts.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

New vxi impact. 100% less cardboard.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Freeride elements. Brilliant shoes, perfect for your needs.

warpcow
    Free Member

Shimano withstand spray better but Sombrio (X-Float) dry much faster. Not tried 5.10s because if the sponginess of Shimanos is anything to go by then 5.10s must be horrific.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Well done, dissing something when you haven’t even tried it!

Stw bingo!. 😀

warpcow
    Free Member

Otherwise known as asking opinions on the internet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flat Shoes in The Wet…Any Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.