Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • flat pedals and wellies
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

seems like a good combination for deep snow (thermal properties of rubber not withstanding)

What do you think?

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Just put some flats on to go with my walking boots for the commute tommorow, why not??

epicyclo

Calf length SealSkinz, sandals, and a pair of M&S thermal socks were good for 5 hours in deep snow yesterday. Warm feet all day.

druidh
    Free Member

Just fitted flats today and using them with my MT90s’ Pretty good actually – especially with some walking-style gaiters on.

GW
    Free Member

I’ve raced/ridden DH in wellies many times I wear DH trousers or waterproofs over them tho.

stevious

Top tip for cold weather welly usage – some kind of warm insole.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Can confirm that V8s and Dunlop’s finest are a decent match for a walk/ride/plodge.

Enough freedom in the ankle combined with unsurpassed waterproof qualities. No need to worry about the thermal propertied of the boot either. If the snow is deep enough to warrant the wellie then you are sure to be working hard enough to have no problems on that front.

coastkid
    Free Member

Viking dryboots are warmer and stiffer soled than wellies,
    there a rubber lace up ankle walking boot with full lenght tounge,fit a felt insole then liner socks with Bridgedale socks and sorted 😮
    i add gaitors or over trousers,out in -20 last winter and a wee bit walking every hour kept all didgits warm

thinking of improving them further by making the soles stiffer by making carbon fibre insoles like Alaskans do with snow boots

ton

what druidh said.
    5/10 exum walking boots, thermal liner, long walking sock and gaiters.
    just got in to work now after a hours ride through the white stuff.
    toasty feet.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I used MT91 boots and gaiters last year and my Time Z Controls performed pretty well. But just rode to work (down the local sledge run) with Wellies and flat pedals and they work tremendously. V12s and Dunlop rubber soles work great. Wouldn’t want to do it for an all-day ride, but for a short blast in deep snow (about 1 foot here) they’re great.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

You lot are all gonna look like the Gestapo coming over the crest of a hill. 😆

nedrapier

not me. mine are green.

went for tesco bag overshoes today, which have worked well before, but I made the mistake of having trouser cuffs inside socks and the bags, so the water streamed down from the trouser calves and my feet got soaked anyway.

Wellies tomorrow.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Calf length SealSkinz, sandals, and a pair of M&S thermal socks were good for 5 hours in deep snow <

Can I just check that again – Sandals you say?

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’ve been commuting in these the past two days

Toasty toes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘flat pedals and wellies’ is closed to new replies.