Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • flat pedals
  • jedi

its more about how your feet are on the pedals than how grippy the pedal or shoe is.
    i like big platforms as i said to give me a larger platform to push against

Euro
    Free Member

I know Jedi, but a lot of folk seem to think that ultimate grip is king when it comes to choosing pedals/shoes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Someone recommended Burgtec Penthouses….

I have a spare set of the mkII versions in snow camo. I also have a spare set of bushings and bearings for them (They became stiff so purchased replacements then they loosened before I had a chance to fit).

Anyone interested?

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I've got these.

Very grippy and the pins can be replaced easily.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I got these after a recommendation on here same as Superstar and Wah Wah pedals, I had DMR V8 before and find the HT ones much better far more grippy and the look a lot better.

I was going to get Podiums or the Cranfields but none in stock anywhere, but I am very happy with the pedals I got and saved £100.

pablojm
    Free Member

Another vote for the outlands – had them for about a month now and I'm very happy with them

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Not impressed with DX's. Maybe I have a bad set. Right pedal started to click, now the left one is doing the same. Very annoying as they cost a fair bit in Oz. Less than a year old and on a bike I use to ride to and from work everyday on roads. Have to send them over east so that Shimano can "inspect" them before they will replace them. Bought a set of MG1s off eBay for $20. Had them before and never had an issue with them.

devs
    Free Member

I've got V12s, Wellgo B54s and SS Nanos. If the Nanos last any amount of time they are probably the best but that yet remains to be seen. There's very little between them all to be honest. I don't get how "thinness" suddenly became a big technical necessity. I've got size 12 feet and the V12 is not a problem here. I also get less pedal strikes on it compared to the thinner but wider pedals. Robustness is more of a necessity for me. Before V12s I seemed to go through a set of pedals every 3 months.

eshershore
    Free Member

I am liking my Wellgo MG1 pedals alot – cheap, light, seem tough, reasonable sized platform, very grippy, thin enough

great with skate shoes for messing around, and with 5-10 shoes for trail riding the feet stick like glue

most stupid flat pedals?

one of my friends spent £250 on a pair of US made "boutique" pedals (twenty-six?), and was not happy when I pointed out my £40 Wellgos are only 40 gms heavier and I won't cry if I ruin them…

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.