Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Flat pedals?
  • Northwind

chvck – Member

Hasn’t been long but how are you getting on with these? I really liked my vaults but they did eat bearings (I was doing quite a lot of miles and I’m pretty happy getting wheel axle deep in puddles tbf) but I snapped an axle at Antur :/

Still doing good… I decided to open them up last night actually, one of them had got a little loose/buzzy but it turned out just to need the endcap tightened so nothing troublesome. Gave them a clean out and grease anyway, they’re well sealed, no dirt ingress or anything. Good start.

They’ve got a tiny little flat bearing doofer in the endcap which I’m not that pleased to see, similiar design in my HT AE01s was completely useless but these at least are protected from the elements. It’s still not ideal. OTOH they’re basically there to make servicing and setup simple, they don’t do anything you can’t substitute thin washers for with a little more faff. So it’s not going to affect the life or use of the pedals, it’s just a minor black mark.

All in all, pretty happy. They’re going to be less robust than a Nano I think but that’s pretty reasonable considering the weight, thin-ness and price.

For whatever it’s worth, I want to try the Electron Evo too- I had the old Electrons and wasn’t impressed, they ended up on my commuter but these try to sort the faults of the original.

6079smithw
    Free Member

DMR V6s are only £12 from the German sites. They’re grippy and light. Maintenance-free but I bet the useful life to cost ratio is way better than NP Electrons, V12s, Vaults et al

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.