Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Flat pedal recommendations. Bending V8 axles.
  • bella
    Free Member

Looking for a new sets of flats. Mainly for DH and Enduro DH. Have bent 2 sets of V8 axles in the last six months (Sure I could get spares but lots of pins missing too) Predictably bike has low BB. Not looking to spend loads as doubt they will last too well no matter how robust they are. Ideas gratefully received.

jedi

im still looking. was getting canfeilds but not no more. will see at the trade shows this weekend. i like full axel pedals with big platform

cabbage84
    Free Member

I use the wellgo v8 copies £10 a set at crc and perform ok for me in all forms of riding and cheap to replace when knackered

rewski
    Free Member

I use V12s and Easton Flatboys, got my eye on the podiums that STW rated.

thinboy70
    Free Member

I use the Easton Flatboys aswell, they are awesome

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Got Canfields at the moment, not sure about the feel underfoot and when the bearings finally go I won’t be getting another pair. Engineered for a British winter they are not(despite being very costly).

The only thing I like about them is the lack of pedal strikes. You can pedal through more.

6 months old and they both have far more play in them than my 2 year old 5050XX’s.

Weighing up the pro’s and con’s I have to say they are the worst set of flat pedal’s I’ve had.

hilldodger
    Free Member

For budget end of market you can’t really do much better than some of Wellgo’s offerings.
    B54 for about £20 or for a bit more the new(ish) B143 are good….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Straightline ones are fantastic. Not cheap but over a year old and after a clean last night even the powder coat is still looking good.

To be honest I only experienced V8s and 50/50s before and the straightline ones are far far superior.

How did you manage to bend a V8 axle? I have snapped one in the past but not seen one bent before!

xiphon
    Free Member

Get some Nanos, with Ti axle upgrade. You won’t bend them in a hurry.

VanHalen

does titanium resist bending more than 4130??

xiphon
    Free Member

^^ Depends on how much Ti there is?

Blueadvocate

Wellgo MG1s; I have V8s on a one bike and MG1s on another and the V8s not as grippy as the Wellgos (could the slightly bigger platform) – approx £30 (highonbikes on ebay)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedal recommendations. Bending V8 axles.’ is closed to new replies.