Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • flange tow bar mounted bike rack recommendations sought
  • somtam
    Free Member

Hello.
    I have decided on a flange type cycle carrier (I had a bike rack come off the car previously and as good as they might be I don’t have the confidence to drive the car without using this type of fitting)

I was wondering if you have any thoughts about the maaxraax or the Hollywood traveller.
    Please recommend any others but my budget is around the £200.00 figure.
    Thank you

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Aiston, my 2 bike 4×4 vesion takes my 100kg stood on the end of it. Which when you accound for the leverage its probably 4x the max nose weight of the car!

hairyneep
    Free Member

Aiston, very solid and will leave you with cash to spare

Aiston Cycle Racks

oliverd1981
    Free Member

My Aiston bolts on instead of the towbar – it’s good and solid 🙂

3 of us have the Brian aiston and you will not find a better one for double your money or will last as long .
    Not for your look at my £500 rack on my x5 type as they are not a posh looking thing .

greenman
    Free Member

I’ve had a Witter one for about 20 years and it’s still going strong.

Marko

I have a 4 Bike MaxxRaxx for sale if you are interested. Half the retail price if you collect?

Having said that they are a bit of a faff if you have 4 FS bikes to fit. Fine with Hardtails or just 2 FS bikes.

PM if you are interested.

Hth
    Marko

somtam
    Free Member

Thank you for all of your posts.
    The aiston looks really good but my only concern is from the picture on their website it does not have any bike seperators on I suppos you would caa it the support arm.
    Do the bikes bang about when in use.
    Thank you

They DO NOT move even with a very spirited xc drive !
    They have a bar and hook like rubber clamp over top tube of every bike and you push down on sus and do bolt up

somtam
    Free Member

Thank you for all your info
    Ill order one next week…many thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘flange tow bar mounted bike rack recommendations sought’ is closed to new replies.