Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • F***!!
  • jova54
    Free Member

Just spent 4 hours completing an on-line application for a job and it appears their server has crashed and lost the whole f**king lot.

@RSE 😥

zaskar
    Free Member

Copy and paste next time.

Been there and it sucks. Maybe the 2nd time it’ll be even better!

maxray
    Free Member

More likely a session time out I would have thought. as Zaskar said, write in word and then copy and paste in. Means you have a copy too then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“Been there and it sucks”

Yep. And the whole neighbourhood must have heard me scream NO ! 😐

GrahamS

write in word and then copy and paste in.

Write in Notepad then paste in.
    If you do it in Word, then Word will insert weird extended characters (like “smart quotes”) which many badly written forms will barf on.

HackneyRider
    Free Member

God if it takes you 4 hours to fill out the form…

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Hes after a job as a security guard at a bed factory… the form is a test of his endurance.. 😉

jova54
    Free Member

God if it takes you 4 hours to fill out the form…

It was one of the worst constructed on-line forms I’d ever seen, and I’ve completed quite a few in the last 5 months, and being too cocky I didn’t bother to save an off-line copy. There was no logical flow to the layout and it probably wasn’t helped by having to take Mrsjova to work halfway through.

I know the job exists but you can’t apply direct to the company and have to go through their preferred agent. If it wasn’t such a good fit to what I’ve done before and what I’m looking for I would probably have given up.

Lessons learnt the hard way I’ve now saved a copy to work on off line and then I’ll just cut and paste the info into the on-line version. Hopefully the second attempt will be more successful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘F***!!’ is closed to new replies.