Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Fjallraven – just bought a new coat…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

One of these

Fjallraven

Can’t wait for it to arrive fed up of my Northface pertex down jacket makes me look like a marshmallow!

Anyone own one ? Any good ??

terrahawk
    Free Member

really shit. Worst coat ever. 240 quid down the drain.

You need to check before buying in future 😉

MoreCashThanDash

They came up on a thread on here recently. Does look very smart for a proper warm coat. Be interested to know how long they last at that price.

everyone
    Free Member

Yep look rubbish, better give it to me

onewheelgood

My granny’s got one that looks just like that.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Did I tell you I’m a 75year old granny so it will look perfect on me !

richardkennerley

Yep, I’ve got one in that colour. It’s very warm, very light, looks decent. I was a bit concerned it would be too short, but I was used to having a longer coat, quickly got over that. It’s not waterproof though unless you wax it.

Joe

They aren’t waterproof even if you do wax them. Still love mine; always a little unsure why though.

wilburt
    Free Member

Tempted even though I wasnt sure when i would wear it ( being 5c in Jan) but then I spotted something similar for 1/4 the prise in Next do bought that for the chilly dog walks.

loddrik
    Free Member

The fabric is shite IMO. You need to rub wax all over it if you want it to be waterproof!!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm…
    No.

Don’t like it.

richardkennerley

The Fjallraven blurb will lead you to believe that a Greenland jacket will last a lifetime, be handed down through generations even. If that’s the case, then it’s worth the money (I always think it’s worth spending on a decent coat.) But I was fortunate to get mine in a sale, it didn’t cost me £240.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Been seeing these out in Sweden for years. Not quite sure why everyone appears to be going crazy for them now. Nothing special, apart from the typically pragmatic conservative Scandawegian design approach and decent build quality. Perhaps people would rather embrace these jackets than those detective-style knitted jumpers? 😉

vdubber67
    Free Member

Wow. Seems like a load of overpriced, dowdy clothes on that site. I must really be missing something.

jimjam
    Free Member

Joe – Member

They aren’t waterproof even if you do wax them. Still love mine; always a little unsure why though.

Probably because it cost £200.

wzzzz
    Free Member

So you pay £240 for a coat and then you have to wax it yourself?

vorlich
    Free Member

I suppose it is an acceptable choice if one cannot afford a Barents Parka.
    /claps to summon manservant/

Toddboy
    Free Member

Oh, ok, you are wiling to pay over £200 for a coat, before reading reviews online?

Good luck.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, got about 5 0f their jackets, Greenland No1, Oban, Greenland Winter, Sarek, Raven, High Coast,
    Great bits of kit IMHO..
    And their trousers are fantastic too.. got a few pairs of them for days in the hills, or out on site.

metalheart
    Free Member

Iirc it was established that it was a great coat for taking the dog for a walk round the woods 😉

I doubt that they are the be all and end all of outdoor gear but the bottom line is if you like it then that’s all that matters really. They have a good marketing department!

At least they’ve been designed to go outdoors outdoors (as opposed, say, just from your McMansion to the Evoque).

The wax thing I guess is due to the Scando climate is more cold and dry (or snow) than the UK (pishin rain forever). And you treat (retreat?) the ‘contact’ areas to suit, no?

I can’t see me getting the conditions to make it worthwhile for me so, I’m not interested in one. I do fancy the Skogso though 😳 fortunately I have a 15% discount card for the local stockist which will make it a little easier to swallow…

onandon
    Free Member

I ordered one of these and it want straight back. Not impressed with the material or the fit. Settled for an arcteryx camosun parka which was half price on SP. vastly better in every possible way.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Brand has been hijacked by wannabe football hooligans around here. I quite like the style but it’d be like wearing Stone Island

unovolo
    Free Member

Hope you didnt pay full price?

Go here
    https://www.urbanindustry.co.uk/products/fjallraven-greenland-jacket-uncle-blue?codesf=5246146187&gclid=CL-Pro-wtdACFQ5sGwodpjANHQ

Put in EARLY20 at checkout and its yours for £139.96 – easy £100 saving.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

I have the Parka version – lovely and warm and doesn’t make you look like a rambler.

http://www.fjallraven.co.uk/greenland-winter-parka\

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

unovolo – Member
    Hope you didnt pay full price?
    Go here
    https://www.urbanindustry.co.uk/products/fjallraven-greenland-jacket-uncle-blue?codesf=5246146187&gclid=CL-Pro-wtdACFQ5sGwodpjANHQ
    Put in EARLY20 at checkout and its yours for £139.96 – easy £100 saving.

Different coat

unovolo
    Free Member

Fairpoint, still you could buy a cheap fleece and stick it underneath and you would still be quid in, and probably more versatile.

DrJ

Anyone own one ? Any good ??

Bit naive to ask for approval of your sartorial selections here 🙂 FWIW I like Fjallraven kit – have a load of it and it has served me very well from Greenland to the Caribbean (not the same items, natch).

soobalias
    Free Member

i saw one at the bike show last year, really liked it but priced at £240 no way i can see that happening.

dont know which style it was, dont know which colour it was, nowhere nearby stocks them.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Fjallraven – just bought a new coat…’ is closed to new replies.