Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • fixing a pram (quinny)
  • joemarshall
    Free Member

I have a quinny buzz, that we got 2nd hand.

The handlebar has an extension button, that you push and the bar slides out to make it higher. It doesn't work any more. I've opened it up, and the button is supposed to pull two wires, which go to the bits that clip the bar in to stop it sliding. These wires are both broken.

It is very similar to a suitcase handle extension mechanism.

I've called quinny, and they say that to replace this part that must cost them 50p, and that obviously breaks on everyone's pram (she knew right away what it was) they'd charge me £75 and take the pram off my hands for 14 days. Bastards. I have yet to find any cheap 2nd hand replacement handles, except for ones which have this same bit broken.

I don't suppose anyone on here has fixed this or similar and could give me tips on some dubious bodge to make it adjustable again?

Joe

I fixed mine recently. I bodged it by cutting the broken end off and replacing it with a bike gear cable. I kept the end with the spigot that locates in the bar and attached the two pieces with an electrical cable connector. The barrel end on the gear cable will fit into the button with a little persuasion.

joemarshall
    Free Member

electrical cable connector

Great, that was the missing link in my plan to bodge it.

Any idea what the cable connector thing you used was?

cheers,

Joe

transporter13
    Free Member

dont bother..they look gash and need throwing away.

mamas and papas is where its at 8)

joemarshall
    Free Member

dont bother..they look gash and need throwing away.
    mamas and papas is where its at

cheers,

but it a)works other than this, b)fits to our car seat, c)was free, d)works well on public transport, e)is a pram for taking a baby around in, not some kind of fashion item, so I don't care what it looks like.

It also works okay for running (on road, smooth surfaces at least), whilst not being as massive as the proper running push chairs.

Other than that, it sounds like a great idea, junk a perfectly good piece of equipment just because some other expensive thing is in fashion amongst the yummy mummies this year or something.

Joe

tiger_roach
    Free Member

mamas and papas is where its at

Ha! I've been wondering how snobbish people get with their buggies.

We got an older Quinny Freestyle offroad 3 in 1 thing off Ebay for £80 and it's been brilliant.

It was just a standard connector block. and I stripped the plastic off it to make it a bit smaller. You need to make sure the length of the cable is accurate once you've joined them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘fixing a pram (quinny)’ is closed to new replies.