Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Five Tens..they really do live up to the hype!
  • mojo5pro
    Free Member

Got some 5.10 impact hi's a couple of weeks ago and I'm really impressed.
    still better than I expected. Used to wear Vans and on certain local rocky stuff my rear foot would be 'bounced off' every now and again. Been over the same stuff and feet stuck like glue, even in the wet conditions.
    This is one purchase that has made a noticable improvement to my riding …and how often can we say that!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Totally agree mate, just see what's left of the sole in a years time 😥

nickc

They certainly live up to the hype of being the ugliest shoes known to man…

jimleach
    Free Member

They are amazing. I have been climbing in 5.10 shoes for years and riding in them for the last 12 months, stick to the pedals and the rock, when your carrying a 40lb bike up steep slippy rock, little is more important. Some would say you look a tit in them but i really couldnt give a shit about that.

jimleach
    Free Member

oooh auto censorship … clever 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Fantastic flat pedal shoes, but take about 2 weeks to dry out if you get them proper wet

BIGMAN
    Free Member

i use 5.10s 90% of the time and grip is amazing!

I also have some Shitmano am40 shoes. vibram sole is almost as grippy but they more technical mtb upper keeps your feet dryerr for longer than the 5.10s. Worth noting if you ride a lot in winter.

I use the am40s when its grim out!!

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Oh the AM40 also has a stiffer sole so better for pedaling!!!

backhander
    Free Member

For 85 **** quid, they better be good.
    I know MTB kit isn't cheap but this is robbery.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Yep, the lack of waterproofing is the only down side to them for wet weather. Even if waxed/dubbin'd the leather, the large cloth tongue lets the water in. A gore-tex version of the impact hi would be perfect for winter riding.

devs
    Free Member

2 years out of my 5:10s so far and the sole, though it looks worn in a V12 kind of shape, is as good as ever. As for drying them out, fill them full of newspaper under a radiator overnight and then remove the newspaper. They're good to go again in 24 hours.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Mine lasted less than a year before having an irrepairable hole in the sole.

grantway
    Free Member

Great shoe No hype best flat pedal shoe out there 🙂

undapressure
    Free Member

I have used the five ten canyoneers for a bit. Similar fit to the five ten high but with buckles instead of laces and have the same sole as the impacts but are designed for canyoning so no material to hold all of the water, perfect when teamed with a set of sealskin socks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Five Tens..they really do live up to the hype!’ is closed to new replies.