Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Five ten soles on berghaus hiking boots
  • starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Any update Pipiom? Are they everything you wanted or is the C1 rubber not as good as the stealth stuff? *eagerly awaits to hear before pushing the button on some second hand goretex salomons* 🙂

pipiom
    Free Member

I’m currently in Italy for 3 weeks so haven’t used them in anger yet. Wish I’d worn them for the IOM end to end last week though as it was quite a mudfest.

They’re more for mid winter/ thermalongs etc really but just for you as soon as I’m back IOM I’ll give them a blast.

2nd hand Solomons + £30 … Can’t go wrong just do it!!!

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Thanks pipiom. Enjoy Italy, hopefully it’s a bit less wet there.

Tracey

I had mine done with gortex Hitec boots by Feet First. They have seen a few winters riding in the Peak and are still functioning as good as when they were done. I had the full sole recovered. I use Five tens in the summer and they are as good a grip as them.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Seems almost DIY-able really. If you can find the rubber, sand the soles down and stick the rubber on, can’t be that hard surely?

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Thanks Tracey – think that’s finally sold it to me 🙂
    Mattrgee – considered that, but I don’t think belt sanders and 2-bed flats mix well, at least I doubt the Mrs will. I also thought about the local cobbler sanding them down – but I’d imagine they’d charge around £5 or £10 (I’m in London), and with the kit costing at least £20, not sure I’m saving much over the pro job.

pipiom
    Free Member

Cheers Starfangled….. Positano Amalfi is currently 26-28 degrees…. No MTB rides yet but driving up through Umbria tomoz… For a few days then on to Tuscany with one ride booked already in Siena….. Can’t wait now that my IOM e2e assrash has healed

pipiom
    Free Member

Tried the boots last night after some very wet Manx weather….. Toasty dry feed and the soles stick to pedals as per my impacts/AM 41’s……. Temp hasn’t dropped yet though so I’ll update as and when

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Excellent news and thanks for the update. Couldn’t get 2nd hand Salomons for under £30 in the end, and was determined to get my project in for at least £20 cheaper than a new pair of 5.10s. So I’ve ended up getting some budget (but apparently very good) waterproof, breathable shoes from Decathlon and will be ‘stealth rubbering’ them shortly.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Five ten soles on berghaus hiking boots’ is closed to new replies.