• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by devs.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Five ten impact shoes
  • andybrad

Ive got a pair of five ten impact lows. If im honest they are great but it appears the suede part on the side of the shoe has fallen apart in less than a year. I don’t think there going to last a lot longer unfortunately.

Have i got a duff pair? am i expecting too much from them? is there an alternative that are as good? i would like to get another pair but they are pricey. Any sales that are on never have a size 7.

deadkenny
    Free Member

My Freerider Elements wear a bit on the front and looks suede sort of material to me.

My Impacts though I think doesn’t have any suede, or maybe it’s just one of the side panels, but looks okay to me after a couple of years. Apparently they used to be more suede on the originals but have changed that.

Also the latest Impacts I believe have moved to the Elements design and shouldn’t be as much as a sponge as the old ones.

The Impacts have lasted okay for me, though one pair rotted through the sole, but I put that down to keeping them in the car all the time, baking summer and freezing winter, and never cleaning them 😀 . Got another pair and they’re looking a bit scruffy. Thinking of sticking them in the washing machine but fear it will be a month before they dry. I use them as spare for the Freerider now.

Northwind

Totally normal for older Five Tens, mine lasted one winter then dissolved in half a dozen different ways.- stitching broke, sole delaminated, holes appeared, insole (cardboard!) disintegrated… Great while they lasted but ultimately, a bit crap.

The new Impact VXI seems much better made but try before you buy, I hated mine, no feel at all in the sole. Much prefer my Freeriders and especially the Freerider Elements (again old version not VXI)

deadkenny
    Free Member

Thing with the VXI, if I wanted a worn out sole, I could do that myself.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The Impact VXi doesn’t have the flat bit of sole, it’s the same as the older style soles.

Oh, and they are a general all round awesome (the new shoe).

andybrad

just wondering how those mcaskill ones would compare to the impacts?

My love for the impacts comes from the way it supports the foot as ive got rubbish ankles.

andybrad

christ the new ones are expensive!!

dudeofdoom

I normally get about a year out of five tens but that’s pretty much used every weekday.

I find they crack around the sides of where your toes fold are. the winter with them getting damp all the time seems to kill them and also I wear the back of the heel insides.

I’m alternating a pair of teva highs and some of the PSA teva lows currently but will treat myself to another pair of fiveten in the summer as they are definitely a nicer shoe. also got some cheap sombrios on crc with a cover over the laces to try but so far I haven’t found anything I like more than fivetens.

devs
    Free Member

I have given up on waiting for mine to die, I just rotate them with Teva Links and VXi’s when they get soaked. Over 2 years of proper abuse and they are still going strong. Yes they’ve gone a bit wrinkly where they bend with the toes but they are far from falling apart. Comfier than anything else and grip like sheeite.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Five ten impact shoes’ is closed to new replies.