Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Five Ten Freerider Elements
  • jaylaz73

Anyone got these? What do you think? Need a pair of flat pedal winter shoes, waterproof and warm. Are these as good as they promise?

downhilldave

Had some for a couple of weeks.They are much better than my other 5 tens. Freeriders and deceased Karvers. Dry much quicker than both. Karvers took all week. Very easy to wipe clean and seem to shrug off water,the finish is slightly shiny. BUT as with all shoes the water hits your legs and runs down inside.Not tried with sealskins yet. Better than Teva Link mids as well. I like em 8) Grip flats like a good un, but slippy on muddy hike a bike. Oh and both colours come with spare black laces

mikey74
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight hijack but do you miss the lack of ankle protection compared to the Karvers? I’m thinking of replacing my worn out Karvers with some of these but I’m a bit of an ankle basher.

downhilldave

Not at all mikey, much better than the Karvers’s. Much lighter, slimmer and feel better on the pedals.Your feet don’t stick out as much so less chance of catching ankles.Mine used to rub on the chainstays 🙁 You won’t miss the weight of wet Karvers 😯 After Monday nights wet ride I left them on a tiled floor not near a radiator and they were dry in the morning 😀 Just a quick wipe down required.

joeelston
    Free Member

How do these compare to the standard Freerider shoes? Lighter? Comfier?

downhilldave

916g for standard 885g for the Element.So lighter.About the same comfort wise but you stay drier.

winch
    Free Member

I think “Elements” just refers to the dwr coating, as versions are available of the new and old style shoe.

Its the “Vxi” bit that differentiates between the standard freeriders and the new ones with the flat patch on the sole.

I am liking my old style freerider elements, they’re keeping me dry enough so far provided I don’t actually stand in a puddle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Five Ten Freerider Elements’ is closed to new replies.