Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FIve Ten Freerider – Best place to buy?
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Anyone know of any offers on 5-10s? Thinking about the freerider or had looked at Daescent after MBR reviews. Thanks

mikey74
    Free Member

From what I have heard, stay away from the freeriders as the soles wear out very quickly. Stick to the impacts. I have the new Karvers and love them: They are soooo somfy, I could wear them all day.

mikey74
    Free Member

Double post deleted

scaredypants

best place to buy would be a shop where you can try on beforehand

prob cheapest & easiest but most likely to fail would be online unless you've had this shoe before & know what size you need

most tosserish would be to try on in a shop & then buy online

guitarhero
    Free Member

buy them from the shop closest to you, so you don't have far to go when they fall apart.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have to agree with s'pants. I'll get all my components but stuff like shoes and helmets I'll gte from places where I can try them on. If I don't, these places will go out of business and I'll have nowhere to try kit on anymore (which I need to do as I'm a fussy bugga).

uphilla
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I would agree that it is best to try, but it is hard to find a local 5-10 stockist with all the sizes. Have to commend Mountain Intelligence in Leeds – good online help and fair prices.
    Have bought other shoes online where i can't find them locally and been OK.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It can be hard to find them. None of the big players or usual highend shops near me had them. I found them by accident in a little shop I wouldn't normally bother with that does bmx and commuter bikes mostly.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Love my Freeriders – very grippy and so comfortable. Only had them since May so can't really comment on the soles wearing out, but they are meant to be a slightly harder compound than the Impacts so they should last longer. On some early examples like mine the rand is coming off, but 5-10 are replacing under warranty.

Agree about buying them from where you try them, but go armed with the internet price so you can haggle

uphilla
    Free Member

Took the advice and bought locally – good service and, in fact, best price as they matched their web site price! Big thanks to Leisure lakes Daventry! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FIve Ten Freerider – Best place to buy?’ is closed to new replies.