Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fitting tyres to Pacenti SL23-a horror show
  • jkomo

What the flip, they are so tight, I can’t imagine a road side tube swap.
    Does anyone have any top tips?
    I have blown the rim tape, do I need some new anyway, is there anything really flat but still very strong?
    What tyre leavers should I try, my park tool blue ones are strong enough but a bit fat.
    Honestly, they are so tight you need levers to get both beads on.
    Any help would be great.

rob2
    Free Member

My giant tyres went on fine. Had to keep the bead in the middle of the well though

drovercycles
    Free Member

They’re tight, sure, which is a bonus if you want to run them tubeless – they go up easily.

Schwalbe tubeless rim tape is very thin and strong – and fine to run with tubes.

Schwalbe tyre levers work well for me getting tyres onto those very rims.

Yak

Yes, new tape, especially if tubeless. I use a massive dh tyre lever for sl23s. Given the faff of these rims, I reckon tubeless is the way forward to minimise the chance of a roadside swearfest.

jkomo

Tubeless tape, great idea.
    Gps4000 II’s and Vittoria both horrific.
    Thanks.

jkomo

Tubeless is the way but I’ve just bought some new tyres.
    Cock.

hora
    Free Member

Reminds me of a FSA Vision30 and ANY tyre. **** **** shitty **** of wheels. or Superstar Tactic rim.

moonwrasse
    Free Member

I have the A23’s and they are fugging tight.. I use this now. Works for me
    http://www.cyclebasket.com/m23b93s281p92/VAR_RP-42500_Special_Tyre_Levers_/RS_GB

jkomo

Moonwrasse, are those the nuckle duster type? Would be useful as I got claret everywhere this morning.
    Is stans tape okay at high pressure? What width do I look for?

moonwrasse
    Free Member

Same principal as the kool stop one but smaller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGxxXp1N8s

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Michelin I couldn’t fit on mine but conti 4000s2 fitted fine.

jkomo

I’m sold, looks ace

jkomo

Ive ordered the fancy levers, but I think I’ve Sussed it- the std rim strip stops the tyre dropping fully into the central channel. I’m going to try some stans tape, see how that goes.
    I see I need 21mm, should I go round twice for a road wheel? I guess so.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Struggled with mine then made sure the bead was seated in the central point. Piece of piss after that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fitting tyres to Pacenti SL23-a horror show’ is closed to new replies.