Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fitting rotors to XTR wheels
  • lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Just bought myself a very nice pair of used XTR wheels (M975) that have adaptors on so that I can put standard rotors on with the six hole fitting. Adaptors are made by Mavic and one of my Shimano XTR chainset tools fits this so I can tighten up the lock ring, it says 40Nm on the lock ring. So how tight is that?

honourablegeorge

5Nm for a stem is good and tight, so 40Nm is real tight

float
    Free Member

its a mass of 4kg hanging of a metre long bar. for the same force on a 10cm long allen key you would need 40kg.

so ye pretty tight 🙂

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like these wheels are gonna work on my bike with the adaptors fitted as the adaptor is just touching the fork. So am I right thinking I will have to remove adaptor and use XTR splined rotors? Looks like the current rotors are 165mm having measured them on my old Mavic 717/Hope wheels. Do you get XTR 165mm size, and will 160mm perhaps be ok?

druidh
    Free Member

What calipers are you using?

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Hope calipers are old Hope mini

njee20
    Free Member

How’s that relevant if it hits the fork? What fork are you using is possibly more pertinent!

What part of the adapter hits the fork, you could try a different one potentially.

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

SIDI SL forks

druidh
    Free Member

Caliper model is relevant because some calipers need 163mm or 165mm rotors, not the 160mm that Shimano use – and that turns out to be the case!

Swalsey
    Free Member

I’m sure I have 2 160mm splined XTR rotors that are either new or barely used waiting for me to sell them – I bought a full setup and had to get 6-bolt rotors. Email me if interested and I’ll have a look for you 🙂

swalsey@hotmail.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fitting rotors to XTR wheels’ is closed to new replies.