Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • fitting rockshox reverb stealth to trek 9.7 fuel 2014
  • jayb123
    Free Member

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has fitted a reverb to a fuel 9.7 before. Firstly what is required and secondly wheres the best place to sit it on the handlebars? I was thinking upside down right trigger on the left but I’m not sire if there’ll be enough room?

Any help will/guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers

JCL
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ll be able to run one inverted with those shifters. I’d probably go left lever above bar.

Nice bike BTW.

jairaj

If you have Shimano brakes and shifters and are not running a 1 by X setup then you will struggle to fit the Reverb lever under the handlebars. You can either mount the Reverb lever or shifters so they are correct length but not both.

There are a few people who say they have achieved handlebar nirvana with Shimano controls and a Reverb remote but these are very rare.

Mounting the Reverb remote right way on top of the bars with Shimano controls is normally quite straight forward though.

jayb123
    Free Member

Thanks for the replays, looks like it’s going to be a left hand lever. Are either of you running 1*10/1*11? I was thinking about swapping it over but I do a lot of cross country/trails and im worried I’ll lose to much speed.

jairaj

I don’t use 1 by X because I’m a weekend warrior with weak legs that would never get to the top of any hill without a proper granny gear 🙂

But a lot of people running 1 by X seem to be XC racing types who tend to have speed as a high priority. I don’t think it slows you down much, I think the problem is are your legs strong enough to cope with the reduced ratios when getting up a hill.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘fitting rockshox reverb stealth to trek 9.7 fuel 2014’ is closed to new replies.