Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fitting hope brakes…cable is twisted
  • kwack
    Free Member

Quick question

When trying to fit hope brakes with braided hoses.. To get the calliper or lever they have to be twisted so that the cable gets twisted oddly if that makes sense

Any ideas other than loosening the connection a to remove the kink but am concerned that this may cause air to enter…can the cable be rotated within the connectors

Cheers
    Kwack

creamegg
    Free Member

You won’t be able to remove the kink without loosening the connector. Loosen it just enough to rotate the hose and it won’t let any air in. What I did was twist the hose in the opposite direction so that when it was tightened up if was straight.

There’s a video on the hope website too showing how to do it their way

brokensoul
    Free Member

If all the joints are tight now, probably the easiest way to get the kinks out is to take the lever off the bars and turn that.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Iv never managed to fir a set of brakes with out bleeding them – too much shortening or un-twisting always seems to be required unless you can cope with a bodge

riddoch

If you watch hope video on shortening hose they show how to get kinks out at the end. From memory is more rotate the lever rather than the hose.

kwack
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice – So I can loosen the connector which gets the majority of the kink out but dont want to loosen too much.

Is the suggestion to loosen connector twist hose independantly and then tighten back up?

I do believe the suggestion was – to watch the video on the Hope website 😉

Just for the record – I loosened my ever so slightly and twisted something???? without getting air in the system.

kwack
    Free Member

very good 😆 – I see what the video is showing which is a complete re-seat of the cable at the lever end. I think I will refit from caliper first so the kink is at the level end and see how much I need to un-kink

Dont really want to b re-bleeding to be honest

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fitting hope brakes…cable is twisted’ is closed to new replies.