Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fitting Avid Juicy 3 to Marzocchi MX Comps – What'm I doing wrong ??
  • roadiesean
    Free Member

Hi all

Help ! I have a set of Juicy 3's that I am fitting to my sons bike with Zocchi MX Comp forks, I can't seem to get them to fit well, its almost like they are different distance apart. Should I use the concave/convex washers (its seems a bit jerry rigged doing it like that)?? Or have I got it completely wrong ??

Also, will this combo work with a 185mm rotor ? Or is a 6" the max ?

Any help, very gratefully received !!

Thanks Sean

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Yes, you should use the Concave washer with Avids, but also sounds like you might be using the wrong size brake adapter.

Xan
    Free Member

Sounds like you are using a split IS mount and tried to fit it to a Poast mount fork? If so you need to buy a Avid post mount adaptor. Costs about £10 from most LBS. Or am I insulting your inteligence. You can get these adaptors in 165, 185 and 203mm sizes.

Ignore me I read your post right this time

roadiesean
    Free Member

There is no brake adapter on at the moment, just a standard disc block and rotor (165mm) but I also have a 185mm adapter and a 185 rotor, but I can't get that right at all…..

I'll try it at 165mm with the concave washers. Is it just a case of hit and miss ?

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Avid Brakes are really easy to set up using the Concave Washers, also Avid Rotors are 160mm, I still can't visualise why it doesn't fit, can you post a picture?

roadiesean
    Free Member

It was the concave washers I was missing ! Much more straight forward now !!

Now I just need to get the bloody things bled !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fitting Avid Juicy 3 to Marzocchi MX Comps – What'm I doing wrong ??’ is closed to new replies.