Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Fitted wardrobes – HOW MUCH?!
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Doesn’t Harry live under the stairs?

DrP

Where the magic happens.

Ah, you’re a member of the circle too…?

DrP

cchris2lou

If you are in the south East, try Lovebedrooms.com .

Speak to Dan.

BigJohn

I build wardrobes for a living.

I used to be a designer (read salesman) for Hammonds and also for Betta Bedrooms. They’re both better than Sharps. After a while I figured that I could build furniture as good for half the price. (Half the end of night, midnight call to the sales manager, I shouldn’t be giving it away at this price don’t tell the boss I’ll get the sack price, not the Initial quoted price.)

The advantage these firms have over B&Q, Ikea etc. are that they have a few (but only a few) more or less standard sizes. And they’ll fit them in a day or two. AND they have solid backs, not cardboard.

If the sizes are right for you you can make a good job with the flatpack stuff. The hinges etc are nothing as good as the Blum ones I use but when does that really matter? But the key is to measure really accurately and get some Contiboard or similar cut to the internal dimensions and use that instead of the supplied backs. Then you’re doing OK.

If you’re handy you can make a decent job of the sliding doors from B&Q, Homebase, Argos (they all use the same ones).

I’m based in Stafford and I really must update my website with some of my latest work. http://www.smartrooms101.co.uk

All my doors are made to measure, so I look at the span required, take off the bit either end for infils and door clearances, framing (if required) then divide by the number of doors. If I need 2037mm x 453mm doors, that’s what my supplier at http://www.auniquechoice.co.uk (sorry can’t get it to embed) sends me.

Oh, and a tip – If you use Betta Bedrooms (or Betta Living) for a quote, as long as you say no, far too expensive, in about 4 weeks they contact you again and send somebody round who offers you a fantastic deal. Knocks another 50% of the best previous quote.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Bigjohn – thanks for that. Plenty more links for me to peruse. I had a quick look and have seen a nice looking black framed sliding door system on the BettaLiving page.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

We got quoted 5k from Hammond’s or something . Two 2.5 m walls. Said no and found space slide instead. Didn’t buy doors actually just an open wardrobe. Solid material (still MDF) but substantially better than IKEA stuff. 2×3 times the quality it feels like.

Spaceslide.co.UK

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Fitted wardrobes – HOW MUCH?!’ is closed to new replies.