Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 'Fitness' watch things – recommendation
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Any recommendations for one of these fitness watch things? Doesn’t need to do anything too fancy. Not for me but as a present for someone.

Budget up to about £100. Thanks.

Jamie
    Free Member

A watch or a band?

Gary_M
    Free Member

No idea, what’s the difference? Apart from a watch possibly telling the time 🙂 I know absolutely nothing about them.

dissonance

Need a bit more info.
    Are you just looking for one which tracks steps or a gps running watch?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Just got a TomTom Runner 3 multisport GPS watch with integrated HRM and it’s ace. Loads cheaper/better than any Garmin I’ve owned. Got it for running but it would be great for improving general fitness.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not a gps running watch, just one of those motivation step tracking type things, hrm not a necessity.

Tom Tom looks good but not what I’m after.

This sort of thing

kelron
    Free Member

I’d go for whatever Fitbit model is within budget and looks nice. They’re the most popular, the app will be best for a casual user and most likely to have social media friends using one.

Since you’re not looking for a running/sport watch that stuff is more important than the features of the hardware.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh the fitbit alta hr looks ideal really, slightly over budget though. I guess without hr then sleep tracking won’t be that accurate?

ac282

My wife has had two fitbits fail (one still under warranty) and her mum had one fail within two years. I’ve got no idea which ones are good them but fitbits aren’t reliable.

ruddy
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Xiaomi Amazefit:

Linky

Reasons being:
    Sub £100 / can run and ride with gps without phone with route tracking / holds music / heart rate monitor / links with smartphone apps / battery lasts 5 days / sleep tracking and waking buzzer etc

Seems a billy bargain and currently being shipped so all this is based on googlefu.

sniff
    Free Member

My wife has had two fitbits fail (one still under warranty) and her mum had one fail within two years. I’ve got no idea which ones are good them but fitbits aren’t reliable.

Agree, but if you pester them they will replace it even out of warranty

kelron
    Free Member

A lot of the HR equipped trackers don’t actually use it for sleep tracking – no idea why. My Garmin Vivosmart just goes on movement levels during the night and isn’t particularly good at it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve gone for the fitbit alta hr as a colleague recommended it. It’s nice and slim (its for a female) and the strap can be changed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘'Fitness' watch things – recommendation’ is closed to new replies.