Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fitness tacker for the missus
  • andybrad

So the other half has started doing park run. Its doing us both the world of good and im really happy that shes got a new hobby. However lucky as I am our lass hates spending money on anything. But shes seen an offer for a discounted fitbit through the parkrun website. So im thinking of getting her one.

So, should I get the fitbit? or should I spend the cash on something like the tomtom running watch. Which to me seems like a better idea. Thing is shes quite a technophobe and im curious if its worth it at all?

Any thoughts?

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Mi band:

£9 for the non heart rate one and it works very well. App is pretty good and it integrates with Google Fit so you can have MyFitnessPal, Strave and Mi band data all in a single place.
    http://www.gearbest.com/smart-wristband/pp_259237.html

Or the heart rate one for a few quid extra- £12:
    http://www.gearbest.com/smart-wristband/pp_263275.html

Took about 8 or 9 days to arrive.

andyfla
    Free Member

My sis loves her fitbit for general life, but uses her phone – iphone (other phones are available) – using strava for her runs and biking

CraigW
    Free Member

If you’re doing much running, I think its worth getting a GPS watch. Much more useful for telling you distance, speed etc.
    I’d look at the Garmin Forerunner 25. Pretty simple to use, and fairly small/lightweight. It can work as a step counter, for everyday activity tracking. It has Bluetooth, so can connect to your phone to upload to Garmin Connect / Strava etc.

andybrad

so no to the fitbit then?

cheshirecat
    Free Member

It depends what she wants it for. Fitbit (or similar step tracker) for step/sleep tracking, and GPS watch for training.

There are GPS watches with built in step tracking, like the Garmin Forerunner 235 (which my wife uses), but they’re fairly expensive.

DC Rainmaker site if you wish to lose a week of your life DC Rainmaker

andybrad

just hit the button on a tomtom one for 69 quid. seems like a good balance for a technophobe.

jam-bo

?

andybrad

don’t get it

jam-bo

Fitness tacker for the missus

NJA

What about the Vivoactive – seems good but not very girly.

Macavity
    Free Member
    andybrad

ahhhh

brassneck

Have a variety of these devices (healthcare business, need to keep up to date on the wearables market) and the TomTom is a better call for running. Activity trackers aren’t much use for people actually doing a sport, cycling used make the FitBit (Charge) go thoroughly random.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fitness tacker for the missus’ is closed to new replies.