Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fit std 1 1/8" fork steerer into tapered headset
  • scottalej
    Free Member

I have just bought a used frame with a Chris King tapered headset but at the moment have a fork with a standard fork steerer. Is this all I need to combine the two?
    Chris King Crown Race
    Devolution – 1.5″ to 1.1/8″

boltonjon

Or you could use a 1 1/8 to 1.5 adapter.

Chain Reaction sell them for about £15 – I’d imagine that its a much cheaper option

slinkybike
    Free Member

http://chrisking.com/cart

I think this is what you need.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

You can buy a devoltion base plate.

Crc seem to be out of stock.

Or if its a Red Chris king Tapered just sell it to me. 😀

scottalej
    Free Member

So I just need the Chris King Crown Race – Devolution – 1.5″ to 1.1/8″ as per my initial post?

RustyMac

Yup that is exactly what you will need.

keep hold of the 1.5 crown race and you can upgrade your forks to tapered ones down the line.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

scottalej – Member

So I just need the Chris King Crown Race – Devolution – 1.5″ to 1.1/8″ as per my initial post?

You need the Devolution base plate that fits onto you forks.

RustyMac

Base plate = Chris King’s name for Crown Race

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Thats what you need then.lol

few places seem out of stock

scottalej
    Free Member

Thanks. Yeah I’m struggling to get one. Not sure if Tredz listing is what I need. I’ve asked via email.
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Chris-King-1-5-inch-Devolution-Crown-Race-Baseplate_51256.htm

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Aspire are out too.

slinkybike
    Free Member

The tredz image they have posted looks like what you need, but you are doing the right thing by double checking.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Thread resurrection after a forum search…

I have a 1 1/8″ steerer Reba fork. Pretty much all the new frames I’m looking at have tapered headtubes.

I don’t want to replace my fork for the moment. Other than the CK option above, are there other headsets to allow me to use a std steerer in a tapered headtube?

I doubt I can, but if I could just buy the 1.5″ bottom half of a CK headset, could I use my current 1 1/8″ top half? No, thought not.

khani
    Free Member

Superstar do one with both crown races included for £40

chakaping
    Free Member

Buy this and you can put a 1.5 crown race on your fork over the top of it.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/hope-tapered-headset-item171193.html?gclid=CIOJ9tXD5rACFQQhtAodbG3ymw

Dyffers
    Free Member

Buy this and you can put a 1.5 crown race on your fork over the top of it.

Ah, ok. So I use any tapered headset and bung that on the fork. Sounds like a plan.

Oh, and of course I can’t use my *external* CK headset on *integrated* headtubes. Sometime I wonder whether the ‘send post’ button on here includes a ‘disconnect brain’ function. 😳

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fit std 1 1/8" fork steerer into tapered headset’ is closed to new replies.