Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fishing and biking, anyone?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I used to fish when I was younger, till I discovered drink and wimmin (should’ve stuck to the fishing), any way, got me thinking recently, I’ve been on some pretty remote routes and seen some lovely looking wee hill lochs, and I’m thinking about getting myself a wee travel spinning kit (less faffing than fishing the fly).

I’m not advocating poaching (heaven forbid!), but there are some pretty remote unfished little stretches of water, with, I’d imagine, a good head of natural trout in them.

Anyone else? I know glasgowdan is into his fishing, but i think he’s more into the sea fishing.

Cheers.

Anthony
    Free Member

If there’s a head of natural trout, then sure as eggs is eggs there will be an angling club with dibs on it already.

Jase
    Free Member

Used to do coarse fishing when I was younger and when I stop cycling will prob take up fishing again.

Still have a photo of me with a 5lb Tench when I was 12 years old.

Ewan
    Free Member

They’re not realistically going to catch you at it are they? Just do it, sounds like fun…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I fly fish and have on occasion ridden from the country pad down to the Test. Lovely.

Only really hard bit is transporting the fish back home without everything getting smelly!

stoat

Keep thinking similar things. Used to do a lot of fishing, not so much in recent years but still getting some in here and there. Have managed to lure little brownies out of some hill streams on the spinner whilst camping so believe it possible. Lets face it they are unlikely to police hill waters, and if they do you have a bike!

mrfrosty
    Free Member

I’m with ewan go for it sounds good,i’ve thought along similar lines to.Think spinners are the way forward, dont have to carry bait around then

oldgrump08
    Free Member

It was fishing that got me into biking – only way I could get out and about in the school hols. First experience of off roading was cycling to byron’s pool in Grantchester – used to have a clunky steel frame, 3 speed sturmey archer hub gear, wide mx bars (pried open the soft steel quill stem to make it fit) and short ally guards. Heaven on a summer’s day 😉

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Try this – fish for the wild brownies coarse style (floats and maggots). You might be surprised at how much you catch!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

No beer…what area are you thinking of exploring? Give me a shout when you do…obviously it will likely be when this weather is a little warmer and the fish feeding more actively.

Cheers
    Dan

fwb2006
    Free Member

I always take fishing kit with me when we go on camping/biking/fishing trips. A little telescopic spinning rod is always in my kit bag. Live in NE Scotland so head to the Cairngorms often and there are laods of nice rivers to fish. Almost like an escape to childhood again with biking, camping and fishing, sweet as.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dan, Possibly Loch Doon area (loch macaterick, loch riecawr and surrounding streams) and possibly cairngorms. I’d also thought of taking the rod up to the stw meet at Glen Clova in may.

Anywhere you can suggest, looking for wee brownies for fun on a wee tele spinning rod, and some decent riding.

Greg.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fishing and biking, anyone?’ is closed to new replies.