• This topic has 23 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • First visit to England for a year, what have I missed?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

What is the general mood?

Any new stuff to try at Greggs?

badnewz
    Free Member

We continue hanging on in quiet desperation, it’s the English way.

molgrips
    Free Member

Our politicans are still incredibly bad at their jobs.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Summer’s turned a bit shit weather-wise…don’t need ze German Mittens yet though. 😀

mugsys_m8

I’ve just been for a week. Everyhting seems to have Union Jacks: food labels to mini diggers….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

on the upside you can now write union Jack without someone incorrecting you about its only being applicable on certain naval vessels.

angeldust
    Free Member

Dog attacks are absolutely rampant

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you look a bit foreign?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Dog attacks are absolutely rampant

and if I roll through one more dog turd I’m probably going to attack another 👿

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve just been for a week. Everyhting seems to have Union Jacks: food labels to mini diggers

Browsing Iplayer it does seem everything is called ‘ …Britain and…’ or …’Great British…’ Paranoid much?

wilburt
    Free Member

We are just waiting for the baby boomers to pop of so everyone else can have money, houses and sensible politicians.

deadkenny
    Free Member

We’ve got our country back apparently.

I’m not sure where we lost it though.

Jeremy Corbyn won the general election, even though he didn’t.

Lib Dems lost another leader and then no one could be arsed to take on the job other than Vince Cable.

CountZero

I’m not sure where we lost it though.

Down the back of the sofa.

slowoldman

Most of the population are racist.

jekkyl

If you misbehave on the roads you’ll arrested by a citizen and your mother in law will be called an old slut.

aracer
    Free Member

I don’t know what everybody is on about. Everything is exactly the same as it was a year ago.

#fakenews

CheesybeanZ

The baby Robins have fledged .

thepurist

To answer the OP’s question

New Greggs summer menu

markrh
    Free Member

Just popping down to Greggs, back in a min…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Over here 26″ is the new 29″ and Orange Clockworks and downtube shifters is da schnitzel innit.

Talking of Orange, the fanboys are still fanboys and the rest of us still liken the brand to Filing Cabinets.. which is still funny. So you can rely upon that.
    Green and Pleasant Land is still green and reasonably pleasant, it’s just now the residents are allowed to be as nasty and vindictive and down right rude as they’ve wanted to be for quite some time.

Jamies restaurants are still microwaved food served in sheds, slate and wood have replaced China plates and everyone is aggrieved at having sauce spilt down thier gaping v-neck t-shirts.

Men can’t wear skinny jeans, mostly because thier sisters are now naked from the waist down. Hipsters have been replaced by Skinheads and Bovva Boys n Girls and drink milk not beer.

No pudding after dark if you are naughty.

Sunglasses must match your white M4 convertible.

Chris Froome won the Tour de France.

Bregante

Any new stuff to try at Greggs?

What about NOT EVEN GETTING OUT OF YOUR CAR!

Wherever the hell you’ve been, the future is right here, right now – in the UK (or Salford to be precise)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nothing on that Greggs menu grabs me, I might stick with what I know , like an old person buying a plain vanilla cone, year after year.

A steak bake it is. I’ll get one at the airport. What is ‘in’ in the pub? I heard it was all gin now?

aracer
    Free Member

Spoiler alert FFS!

tthew

What is ‘in’ in the pub? I heard it was all gin now?

That, or mans beer that acutually looks like lager.

Went to the pub with my dad at lunch time. 3 different types of ‘golden ale’ not a dirty brown pint to be seen.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘First visit to England for a year, what have I missed?’ is closed to new replies.