• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • First Utility, any good?
  • Kryton57

£200pa cheaper if I switch, any reason not to?

theotherjonv

I’ve not had any problems with them, do all my readings and billing etc. on line.

Took a while to work out what my monthly payment should be to cover a full year’s power (they don’t like you to underpay in winter and then catch back up), so I paid a winter rate right through spring, ran up a credit, and then eventually oscillated back to the right number. Aprt from that, they’ve been like the drains – you don’t notice them until they go wrong.

bearGrease

Been with them twice and they’ve been fine both times. Can now send in meter readings via SMS which saves some hassle.

teef
    Free Member

They’ve got nice usage/cost graphs on the web site.

Kryton57

Took a while to work out what my monthly payment should be to cover a full year’s power (they don’t like you to underpay in winter and then catch back up), so I paid a winter rate right through spring, ran up a credit, and then eventually oscillated back to the right number. Aprt from that, they’ve been like the drains – you don’t notice them until they go wrong.

My exact experience with Scottishpower, whom I’m with now. Their new fixed tarif is more expensive though.

This adjustment period things is a PITA, you tend to end up paying more to cover yourself and then have to wait for year 2 for it to balance.

Thats why I’m hesitating.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Good here. We ended up about £300 in credit (we weren’t checking) & they said ‘Whoahh, steady on) & we knocked the DD down to suit.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Identical thread earlier today.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘First Utility, any good?’ is closed to new replies.