Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • First turbo session of the season…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Ugh. Forgot how horrible they are. Sufferfest revolver. Nearly puked. Not looking forward to the next 6 months of kitchen work outs 🙁

Need a better fan.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I bought a turbo for when the weathers really bad, it turns out that the turbo is even worse than the really bad weather so I tend to just go out on the bike instead.

I’ve tried everything to keep me sane on the turbo but it is mind numbingly boring. Handy for when the wife’s out and I’m stuck at home with the kids though.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

turbo already? its still August!

(secretly looking forward to some structured TrainerRoad/Sufferfest sessions, come winter proper)

Haze

If you’re finding the turbo boring then you’re doing it wrong!

Haven’t resorted to mine yet, clocks going forward and a drop in temperature will see to it.

Promised myself the Tour of Sufferlandria this year, kinda looking forward to it.

edward2000
    Free Member

Oddly I really enjoy using my rollers. I think I just enjoy the sensation of sitting in a bike and pedalling. Feels instinctive.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Youll be flying by january – are you targetting the puffer or something ?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Not looking forward to darker nights, 4 nights in a row on turbo/rollers last winter. Hoping to mix things up this year now I have power and my coach can see what I’m doing (or not) and get outside to ride in the evenings as often as I can.

Very early to start turbo training already if you’ve been racing this season? I’m not finished racing yet, then its end of season rest which is just as bad as turbo sessions! 🙁

DT78
    Free Member

Last A race was 2 weeks ago. Will be having a 2 week break in early Sept when on hols and then back to a new training plan end of Sept which will involved 2 – 3 indoor sessions a week, with a break over xmas. Going to be a challenge keeping the motivation going till spring.

Not decided on next seasons goals, I’ll either pick the Gorrick spring series or the Southern XC and have a proper go at them. Will be my third season of racing, with the first 2 being return from unfitness not really taking it all that seriously. Will be interesting to see how much difference structured and focused training makes to my results vs my current go out and ride what I feel like plan!

Last night was largely to remind myself where everything was / have a go. Not fun, though Sufferfest does make it bearable.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I would rather put on a gore tex jacket, warm tights and embrace the elements. I used to go on the turbo but try to avoid it now. It’s not good for you.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

I would rather put on a gore tex jacket, warm tights and embrace the elements. I used to go on the turbo but try to avoid it now. It’s not good for you.

Even when its 8pm in the evening during the middle of November?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

A short ride on the road with full mtb night lights I wouldn’t say no to even at that time. But if it was dark AND windy and wet then I’d consider the turbo ? .

heavy_rat
    Free Member

As much as they are boring, they are sometimes the only option.

I normally watch something on the laptop to ease the pain.

iainc

heavy_rat – Member

Even when its 8pm in the evening during the middle of November?

Thankfully a 20 minute drive to the Glasgow Velodrome is an ideal alternative for me 😀 Too old and fat for track league but the drop ins are great for keeping the legs turning when the weather is crap

michaelmcc
    Free Member

They are convenient. .. less faff with getting so wrapped up with all the layers. And there is certain workouts that work better on them for sure.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘First turbo session of the season…’ is closed to new replies.