Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • First-time full-sus' reccomendations.
  • bennn
    Free Member

So I’ve been riding 2/3 years now on a Mk1 Ragley Blue Pig, and I’m thinking of building up a full-bouncer to ‘compliment’ my current ride.

Seen good things about the new Orange Alpine, also like the look of the Banshee’s and Titus El’ Guapo with CCDB seems a steal when they’re in stock.

I know I’m probably gonna’ get responses to go to a demo-day, but I’d like to know which frames I should be looking at demo-ing.

I’m 6’3″, and would prefer 26″ wheels, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Ben

roverpig

What do you mean by ‘compliment’? Something similar or something as different as possible? I tend to go for the latter.

bennn
    Free Member

Yeah something different, I thought about it but there’d not be much point getting something with the same travel (140mm Rockshox) a bit more bounce and comfort would be nice.

roverpig

Alpine could be about right then. The pig is not exactly an XC whippet, so if you want to go bigger then you do need to go into the all mountain, alps area I guess. Or go the other way and get something light and fast.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The other obvious question is – where do you want to ride it ? Same trials or take it on adventures ? “comfort” ?

Alpine could be a good choice, Nukeproof Mega, Covert (which is my complimentary bike to a BFe), quite a long list of choices depending on what you want.

bennn
    Free Member

Probably similar trails, I’m not one really for all day XC flattish rides. Am I right in thinking the Alpine’s can be built up not altogether too heavily?

Comfort as I was riding the Blue Pig today Langsett to Derwent and back, and my arse took a bit of a beating on the rockier stuff. Had a little ride on a mates Heckler, which seemed to ride nicely.

darkcyan
    Free Member

for a first full suss camber all the way, no brainer!

not a spesh fan as such but if i was in the market described that would be the go to bike, assuming you want an all round trail bike.

great second hand prices too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think an Alpine would be overkill for Peak District. I’ve been on some rides with guys on Alpines, they were pretty heavy but climbed well enough and obviously descended and jumped well.

Based on your comment above I’d repeat Mega and Covert suggestions. Have ridden both my Covert and BFe in Peaks, the Covert descends better, quicker and more easily and is more comfortable. Both bikes are entertaining to ride on those trails and climb well enough. To be honest any of the 150/160 AM FS bikes would fit the bill.

mrben100
    Free Member

Probably the only person to suggest this on the interwebz, but for me it would be a trek from the fuel ex range.

Ideal for xc (live near thetford so predominantly what i ride) but more than capable enough for the monthly jaunts across the border to wales…….only thing that tends to let it down is the rider i’m afraid 😉

Oh and i’m 6’4″ though i’m not sure if that really means anything.

bennn
    Free Member

I do like the look of the Covert, how heavy are they, realistically, built up? Transition website says 7.7lb medium with shock, assuming I’ll need a large..

Probably go 1×10 or 2×10 with a dropper post.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘First-time full-sus' reccomendations.’ is closed to new replies.