Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • First sauna of the season
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I decided to have a sauna this evening and very pleasant it was to. Wandering in from my garage was just chill enough to cool back down and the post sauna shave was lovely and slick.

Sitting back now with a bottle of Old Golden Hen thinking life is good.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That Golden Hen’s nice, in’t it? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Sauna – cold shower – sauna – cold shower – sauna – cold shower

Why is there a sauna season by the way?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Why is there a season? Because I shoved the kayak under the work bench so I can now get to the sauna.

elf – inspired purchase following our drink in that hidden pub

lapierrelady

I had my first sauna of the winter yesterday too!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That pub was actually really quite nice. Don’t tell anyone that you found it and I din’t know about it though, it’ll ruin my reputation. 😉

I’d say autumn/winter’s the Sauna Season. One problem down my local leisure centre is the muscle boys keeling over after saunas, cos they’ve raised their body temp too high, got dehydrated too quickly, that kind of thing. Apparently there’s a marked increase in this when it’s very hot. They get all pumped up, don’t take on enough fluids, get even hotter in the sauna, don’t cool their bodies down sufficiently, then go outside in 80-90 degree heat. Idiots.

It’s much less busy during Ramadan.

bruneep

oh how t’other half live. Fe ckin sauna n kayak 🙄

hora
    Free Member

wca since i was circa 14 ive had a weekly sauna. love the discussions, the arguments and laughs. You leave yoyr social status at the door 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

hora – my sauna is perfect. It fits one person comfortably. If you want to have a discussion and argument in there you have to put Elfinsaftey there as he can argue on his own

judderman
    Free Member

wca ive always wanted my own sauna, where did you get yours?

hora
    Free Member

How much leccy’ does it use above and beyond your normal bill WCA?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I was given the sauna so don’t know what it cost.

It uses about as much leccy as a couple of kettles as the heat is the heat basically comes from a big exposed kettle element.

It is really basic construction and I was thinking of building myself a bigger one. The base is a wooden panel with a ridge to hold the sides on. The sides are a sheet of hardboard outside, inch of insulation and inside lined with wood. The top in an insulated panel with a ridge holding the sides on. Just make sure you line the inside with the right type of wood.

hora
    Free Member

What happens if you faint and no one is around to ‘save’ you? 😮

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You die horribly

hora
    Free Member

Ever passed out in a Sauna?

We did once. The driest (dry only) hottest sauna and one of us decided to throw loads of water on and we all started laughing giddily. The next thing you know we are all laid out on the tiles outside the sauna door coming round after being dragged out 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Fortunately not so far. With only one person at a time in the sauna such silliness tends not to happen although I managed to fall asleep for a couple of minutes before the heat woke me up.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No need, i have a wife

hora
    Free Member

Have you not seen the film ‘War of the Roses’? (Michael Douglas/Kathleen Turner)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

no, is there something I should know?

hora
    Free Member

In the movie they argue. He goes and sits in the sauna (at home) and she blocks the door to punish him.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My wife and I never argue…

nonk
    Free Member

seen them infra red ones?
    work well take up no space and fairly cheap.
    i used one to help with nailing the lyme disease and am deffo looking for a space at home for one.

Martin.B
    Free Member

Sauna season? that would be all the year round then
    Got one in the house that we built.
    Converted the back half of the garage into a wetroom.

great on a cold winters night and doesnt cost much to run
    Our heater is 3kw so a bit like your grans 3 bar electric fire
    20 mins to warm up and usually on for 1hr

Mrs B is from Finland, Im told the best sauna’s are NOT the hottest ones but the ones with the highest humidity. Ours is set to around 65 centigrade but no need to go hotter if you throw plenty water

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have a sauna in my home too but don’t use it over the summer. Seems wrong some how.

Do you use yours much during the summer?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘First sauna of the season’ is closed to new replies.