Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • First ride on a FS after 4 years only riding HT – tips?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Now I’m fairly sure their ain’t going to be a big difference but I’m about to take my new 7″ FS out for a spin on some local trails to get a feel for it. Its a bit of a beast compared to the Soul and I don’t really know what to expect having not really ridden anything this big before.

I do know already from taking it for a spin round the block that because of the slack HA and longer fork the front wheel arrives at things a lot sooner than the 130mm Soul did, so timing needs to be adjusted slightly.

Anything else I need to be mindful of or should I just ride and see?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I think you’ll love it until you realise:

a) how much more effort FS bikes are to ride up hills compared to hardtails
    b) you don’t feel like you’re riding a bumpy rock trail as the suspension “hides” all the bumps
    c) how much more you have to put into hardtail riding than fs riding, which is in itself rewarding.

sorry.

Put it away until you arrange a trip to the Alps, like I do with my FS.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

LOL! Nah, the bike is for DH rather than trail riding. The HT I use for everything else. I’m taking the new bike out on trails I know well that aren’t too severe so I can get used to how it feels before taking it on anything I’m likely to die on.

Plus at 37lbs I doubt I’ll be riding up too many hills. 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jools – I’m with you, the loss of traction when climbing on my HT makes me look on at my mates lightweight FS’s in envy! 😉

Think I’ve got the rebound sorted – seems nice and slow. Will keep an eye on this.

VanHalen

pedal?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘First ride on a FS after 4 years only riding HT – tips?’ is closed to new replies.