Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • First ride of the year pics…
  • Alex

I’m sure some of you have been out five times already. My excuses are NYD – staggeringly hungover. 2nd Jan – horrible weather. 3rd Jan – like the 2nd only somehow even wetter, 4th Jan went to work, 5th of Jan… decided it wasn’t going to stop raining so had a quick pre-dark ride int the Malverns.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BUwjT3]First ride of 2016 – Muddy Malverns[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CJJkEt]First ride of 2016 – Muddy Malverns[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Slippy as I’ve ever ridden them. And I’ve lived here 8 years. Really muddy as well which – even when it’s horrible everywhere else – is unusual. Also steeper than I remember 😉 I can’t imagine wha the Forest is going to be like. Well I can, but I’m still going on Sunday!

What do you have from your first 2016 ride. Cheer me up – I’m not expecting to see many dry trails…

Bregante

My NYD Pootle

colournoise

New Year’s Day in the local woods. Muddy.

Alex

You’ve done well to bring all that tinsel out with you 🙂

Bottom photo is how I’m expecting the FoD to be. Well the drier bits anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

Didn’t take any pics on the first ride, so this is from the second one of the year this eve…

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I was working New Years Day,got out on the 2nd.Once again on my bargain Halfords £250 CX bike.Once again it was raining..

ceepers

from Monday

High above woolacombe as the clouds rolled in

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Colournoise you got some image trickery going on there… is there a bike in that pic?

Well done all of you for braving the mud I had enough by Christmas but am now getting withdrawal symptoms….

bigyim
    Free Member

Some great photos there! My hands were too cold and wet to take a photo

nickc

I would’ve taken photos, but it was bloody cold. So I didn’t

jam-bo

Rd1 of a very soggy soggy bottom XC race.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CPsiBg]DSC04355 (Medium)[/url] by fully sussed, on Flickr

IvanDobski
    Free Member

NYD – crashed my road bike on the only patch of ice within 30 miles of my house. Smashed my helmet and ripped both overshoes so god knows how I actually hit the floor. (Other than really, really hard.)

Haven’t been back on the bike since but may try the turbo trainer tomorrow.

Didn’t take any pictures just to round a great ride off…

Alex

Blimey! That’s not the way you want to kick off the new year!

Some great pics there. It’s not cold here Nick, it’s just endlessly, depressingly wet. The sun came out briefly on our ride. At EXACTLY the same time as the rain came down harder. I have begun to shake my fist at the sky 😉

Still my new tyre range ‘the ark’ and ‘the noah’ are going to make me famous 🙂

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Pepper woods was a tad damp!
    [URL=http://s791.photobucket.com/user/stumpym4/media/IMG_20160103_100034_zpsvpznoyid.jpg.html][/URL]

windysurfer
    Free Member

2nd ride in the Peaks

Alex

I’m not much of a fan of singlespeeds these days but that ^^ looks an entirely appropriate response to those conditions….

One of my most remembered ride in the peaks was changing brake pads at FairHolmes having gone through front and rear in FOUR miles 🙂

Wrote a thing: http://pickled-hedgehog.com/?p=3584

Still almost looking forward to getting out there again. Assuming the washing machine doesn’t explode first!

colournoise

tuskaloosa – Member
    Colournoise you got some image trickery going on there… is there a bike in that pic?

Not really trickery. Been playing recently with the panorama app on my phone trying to deliberately get it to distort / clone / chop up objects.

Simon

Had a quick local ride early on Sunday morning. Out and back before the rain but very muddy in places.

roverpig

NYD on the Glenfiddich estate.

Should be knee deep really.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

roverpig nice…looks pretty awesome

colour noise could have fooled me.. like the pic though

Alex

That’s the weather I want RoverPig. I’ve had to de-ice the car exactly ONCE this winter. If all this rain had been snow, we’d be marooned!

core

roverpig – looks awesome +1

I’d post a photo, but it’s yet to happen 😥 New Yrs Day lost entirely to a fireball whiskey induced headache, 2nd shooting and moving sheep, 3rd – had planned to go, got ready, mate even came round, bailed as it was so wet. Worked the last 2 days and had stuff on in the evenings…….

Maybe tonight!

warpcow
    Free Member

First ride on NYD, but no pics. This was from the second. Nice to be getting out again after having unending colds the last couple of months.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BVRi7c]2016-01-03 12.40.09[/url] by Mike Jones, on Flickr

chakaping
    Free Member

Jealous of Roverpig and Warpcow, spent most of yesterday’s super-sloppy ride fantasising about riding at a nice firm trail centre.

roverpig

If it’s any consolation, it was one of those rides that probably looks better on the photos than it felt at the time. It was blowing a hoolie and bitterly cold at that spot. When I got to the descent (on the other side) it was covered in ice. So, I basically, struggled up a climb in a bitterly cold wind for an hour just to push the bike down the other side and I still fell over! Having said that I’m a sucker for punishment and secretly rather enjoy being out in the hills in wild weather.

stevied
    Free Member

I miss daylight rides on the Malverns, Alex. Didn’t get out at all over Christmas and still waiting to get out this year 🙁

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Happy new Deer

br
    Free Member

No pics, but rode Saturday at Innerliethen, wet but amazingly grippy – probably as the rain has washed everything away 🙂

nickc

I have begun to shake my fist at the sky

glad I’m not the only one, last time i did that it was June and about 8 degs and horizontal rain, I stood there shivering shouting “oh c’mon!” at the sky…. 😆

teamslug
    Free Member

Really really couldn’t be bothered to go out in the constant rain!!

matt_outandabout

No pics of a wet ride across town for an evening of single malt sampling with others of this parish.

The roll back down the hill was lovely at the end. 😳

Bunnyhop

My first ride out on the back of our tandem was 1/1/16. Haven’t ridden a bike since end July, so was elated 🙂
    Just a muddy flat trail but I didn’t care. Made even more enjoyable by bumping into ‘Rat boy’ and his girlfriend (she was riding a much better bike than him).

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s great Bunnyhop.

You picked a rotten time to get back at it, but at least it can only get better out there eh?

Rosss
    Free Member

Rode Cannock on NYD and it was a total mud bath so I’ve given up on my Capra for a while and hoping to get a CX bike for a while!

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Mtb is still in bits at present and can’t be bothered trying to figure out where I can ride the road bike where it’s not flooded so don’t think the turbo would count as a proper new year ride yet.

kennyp
    Free Member

Some cracking photos there. My first ride of the year was a hungover unfit plod on the cross bike under very grey skies. Still good fun though.

mdavids
    Free Member

No Pics, no rides since new years eve. I rarely go more than a couple of days without riding but its been one of the worst stretches of unrelenting miserable, depressing, grim weather I can remember. And I’m back to work after a 2 week break so I can’t take advantage of any brief respite or face the commute.

I’m currently cursing my ancestors for not settling somewhere with a decent climate rather than the post-apocalyptic wasteland of Northern England

breadcrumb

My first ride of the year was on the 2/1/16. It was just a 45 minute loop from the door, in the pissing rain so no photos.

It was one of those just gotta get out moments.

Bunnyhop

Thanks chakaping.
    No more mtbing for me, however I’ll try very easy trails e.g greens at a trail centre and quiet lane riding on the back of our tandem.
    Just being on a bike again is fantastic 🙂

blckbrd
    Free Member

Mine was a bit snowy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘First ride of the year pics…’ is closed to new replies.