Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First race over… did better than expected!
  • eltonerino
    Free Member

I took part in the Castlewellan Enduro over the weekend. Knackered now 🙂

My plan for the race was to finish. When I crossed the line I was in 4th in my category (only 3 people had finished before me and 2 DNFs). By the end I was in 13th (out of 13, with 3 DNFs). Overall, I came in 238th out of 241.

I’m happy I made it round, a guy I’d been practicing with the day before didn’t make it after the first round (snapped chain).

For the next race, I just have to get better at: confidence braking; pedaling; endurance; steep things; rooty things; steep rooty twisty things; bombholes; drops; rocky bits…

It was a great weekend though. 😀

northshoreniall

Good effort. Just been looking at some photos of event – looked great. Are the trails used for event staying/ marked? Home in few weeks with bike so thinking take spin round as will be staying local.

eltonerino
    Free Member

I don’t think they will be. 4 and 5 were up a really horrible climb (bike on your back, slippy mud sort of thing. It would be hard enough without a bike). There are bits that seemed like they had been there a long time though, up behind the Moorish tower (one of the stages passed right by it).

Where did you see the photos?

northshoreniall

just couple random ones on facebook – photographer stamp say Tommy Vennard on bottom right – just searched facebook and first hit for that name has a link to load rider pics. Thomas Vennard photography

May just have bimble about when there, only ridden there once when over home so may need dedicate bit more time 🙂

beano68
    Free Member

Sneaky Ard Rock training Niall ? 😮

northshoreniall

Nah, just idely looking. That would be some flying visit home to squeeze that in 🙂

eltonerino
    Free Member

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First race over… did better than expected!’ is closed to new replies.