Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • first propper off!!
  • dancingfool
    Free Member

so i was up carron valley yesterday and came off the bike at the third last table top. pulled the liggaments in lest sholder and brusing across the other one. massive brusie on the hip fractured pevlice no memmory for about 9 hours as concust and two skint knees.
    So question is:
    how long am i talking off the bike? thay say at least three weeks but should i wait more just incase?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

3 weeks after a broken pelvis seems optimistic. Although you haven’t said which part is broken.

bigG
    Free Member

Ouch, sounds like a sore one. I’d strongly suggest getting physio advice if you want a fast recovery. I can recommend one if you’re in central Scotland. Broken bones minimum is six weeks to heal in my experience, three weeks sounds very very optimistic,,

So much for CV being easy and safe? I was up yesterday too the trails were in great condition, what time did your off happen? Assume you got back on the bike and rode to the car park like a real man?

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Fractured pelvis?!?
    Could be up to 6 months man.
    Although you’ll be up & about before then, you wou’t want to hit that again for a long time.
    I was 4 months with a broken collarbone.

mooman
    Free Member

Nah .. get back on it as soon s possible. This afternoon preferably.
    They do say if you fall off a bike the best thing to do is get back on straight away .. or is that a horse?

kimbers

depends how old you are
    crashes in my youth healed quick these days not so quick!

hainman
    Free Member

oya,i know where your coming from mate was up yesterday and watched a guy loose it on the last TT at bottom of the runway and he bricked it big time…..had a few lucky escapes myself,it only takes one bad line when landing and your pretty much a gonner,hope you get better soon mate.

dancingfool
    Free Member

think it happened about 2 but i was out cold so no idea really, dont remember anything. so looking at a month and a half off the bike? not good. i’ll trying swimming or something crap like that in the meen time.
    hainman would it have been me no? i was with two other folks but neither off them seen it so dont even know if it looked good. haha

grantway
    Free Member

normally around 6 months on broken bones
    Best thing fella is to recover properly and then go back and kick ass

Northwind

Depends totally on the fracture though. Honestly, taking medical advice off a forum is ****ing stupid but a pelvis fracture can vary a lot and I’m guessing from your post that this isn’t a particularily bad one. When I broke my hip the xrays picked up an old pelvis fracture on the other side that I didn’t know I had, I think I probably did that stagediving at a Sepultura gig in about 1998 but, who knows?

At the other end of the scale they can be completely orrible.

Anyway do try not to do it again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘first propper off!!’ is closed to new replies.