Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • First proper time trial.
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

10 miles. I did a 28.54, is that ok for an old bird?

STATO
    Free Member

Great for a first attempt, but the big question is, do you think you can go faster next week? 😈

jojoA1
    Free Member

I hope so, I didn’t get there in time to warm up and there was a headwind on the return. Oh, and I’m getting borrows of a set of clip ons for next time. However, the next one is a 17 miler. EEK.

STATO
    Free Member

Practice with the tri-bars first! they are pretty sketchy if youve not used them before, not something you want to learn if your TT is on a busy road.

Joxster
    Free Member

Well done, don’t enjoy it too much. Time trialling is for the socially inept 😉

sharki
    Free Member

jojo, i’m worrying about you alot……it’s the kids i feel sorry for….;-)

jojoA1
    Free Member

sharki – Member
    jojo, i’m worrying about you alot……it’s the kids i feel sorry for….;-)

It took me out of the house for far less time than the alternative training ride with the MTB club and was probably worth more in training benefit. So Ner!!!

I plan on practising with the funny bars first. They look well scary. I was feeling somewhat trepidatious doing a TT on an open road after the fatality in the news the other day, but it’s a relatively quiet road that was used and people up this way seem more tolerant of ‘non car’ road users as the place is full of tractors and other farm machinery that cause hold ups.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Aaaaah, how I remember my first tt when I were a junior, gave it all I had coming into the finish and puked over the timekeepers feet!!!

jojoA1
    Free Member

Good shot!!! 🙂 I didn’t feel as bad as that, but the lack of a warm up was not pleasant.

sharki
    Free Member

my mates (in the real world) are trying to get me to do a TT, however in the most recent which was old airfield circuit TT thingy, one of the riders lost control in the pack, my mate has no way out and goes over him…..now has a broken elbow…..it all sounds a little rough and tumble to me….

oldgit
    Free Member

I did that aviemoron on my first, the ‘Amersham 10’ Riding home with carrot in the lug work Yuck!

surfer
    Free Member

one of the riders lost control in the pack,

Are you sure that wasnt a race? In TT’s you are sent off alone at intervals of 30 seconds or so.

ourmaninthenorth

my mates (in the real world) are trying to get me to do a TT, however in the most recent which was old airfield circuit TT thingy, one of the riders lost control in the pack,

Odd sounding TT. Are you sure this wasn’t an airfield “road” race? TTs are never run in a pack (except team TTs, and then there are only two, three or four of you and no other teams around) and the riders started at timed intervals…..

Jojo – that’s a great time. Faster thant I have managed on either of the 10s I’ve done this year (though the course I’ve been on makes a rutted farm track look smooth..!).

jojoA1
    Free Member

Aye, Sharki, there wouldn’t usually be a pack in a TT, unless everyone caught up with each other somehow.

sharki
    Free Member

Ah in that case i’ve not a clue what it was, but as a social outcast a proper TT sounds more fun……

ah it’s a circuit race…..poofs…..round and round and round and round and fall asleep through boredom…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘First proper time trial.’ is closed to new replies.