Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • First pedal bike help needed (kids, not adult!)
  • timbur
    Free Member

The lads growing out of his LikeaBIke.

Any recommendations? I feel everyone will say CNOC14 but I'll be happily suprised otherwise!

Budget is around £100 ideally which doesn't seem to get you much :O(

Where to buy as well?

Cheers

Tim

pedalhead
    Free Member

CNOC 14 😉

Took our 3-yr-old about 10 minutes to get the hang of it after having a Rothan for a year or so.

VanHalen

cheap one from halfrauds i got free when i ordered some disc brakes.

not sure if halfords still do that deal as it was about 7 years ago but i`ve still got the bike for the next nipper.

kids dont care about bling.

wwaswas

have a look at Puky Tim – crap name but really good quality bikes. They seem to hold their value reasonably well too.

brassneck

Speccy Hot Rocks are a decent more readily avaialable alternative, but I think Islabikes are best to be handed down and sold on, you'll probably nearly make your money back.

timbur
    Free Member

PUKY are TOO heavy!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Spesh bikes sell well on Ebay. You wont be stuck with a hotrock when your finished with it.

I bought my sons first 12" hotrock for £90. I sold it after 12mths (They grow quickly at that age) and got £60 for it. Better value than buying some £50 rubbish from halfords. Bought a £110 16" (i think) hotrock to replace it and got £65 for that one when i sold it recently. Not sure this ethos will work on his current one. They jump up dramatically when they get to 20" plus 🙁

Did a deal on my daughters new 12" hotrock so it cost me about £50. Am actually looking to make money on that one 🙂

timbur
    Free Member

I want to hand the LikeaBike down as it means a lot to me and my sisters lad will love it when he's a bit older.

Hotrock is on the cards. I guess that'll end up gonig to the sisters boy as well.

Maybe I should get her to pay for one of them :O)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘First pedal bike help needed (kids, not adult!)’ is closed to new replies.