Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • First MTB holiday abroad with Sierra cycling.
  • andysbeans
    Free Member

Has anyone been? I’ve heard great things from friends

julzm
    Free Member

Yep we’ve been a few times but used them only as day trippers as we have family there that we visit. Some cracking stuff there. They’re pretty laid back. We take our own bikes but you can hire bikes from them too. Guides are really good.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Do a search. I’m sure I read a thread about them years ago. Was one of the big ones, probably twenty pages long. All and sundry got involved, including an ex guide who seemed like a bit of a character.

sweaman2
    Free Member

If you do a search I’d say the reviews are “mixed” 😛

Edit: The original thread is over 4 years old which says something about
    a) How much of an impression it made 😕
    b) How long I’ve been on this forum… 😳

bubs

I think it really depends on what you are looking for. I enjoyed my trip with them but the experience was very different to that offered by the likes of Switchbacks etc.
    What kind of riding do you want and how long do you like your riding days to be?

StuE
    Free Member

Did a day with them last October and enjoyed, it looking to book for their White village tour in October http://www.sierracycling.com/#!seville-to-fuengirola-week/c1grr .What kind of riding are you looking to do? just spent a long weekend with Ride Sierra Nevada and their rides are totally different.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

We looked at Spanish riding about 4 years ago. Sierra seemed a bit more XC/off-road touring than some. We ended up with Ciclo Montana, and it was perfect for us.

Trimix
    Free Member

They (justifiably IMHO) got a crap review several years ago.

How they are now will probably depend a bit on who is doing the guiding and how much the owners learned from the fiasco earlier.

Personally Id choose someone else rather than risk my own money to find out otherwise.

If you Google Sierra Cycling Reviews you can make up your own mind.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m sure I read a thread about them years ago.

Yep. That was a corker.

🙂

vmgscot

I’ve biked with them 3 times over years and been happy each time – the trails have progressed and what we did was not ‘touring’ but decent techy descents with van uplifts (for most of the climbing). Not quite White Room but we’ve had great weeks holiday all the same each time with them.

postierich
    Free Member

I,ve had several holidays with them over the years and they have been fine, the problems a few years back i could relate to a bit as the guide in question was there one holiday i was on.

andysbeans
    Free Member

I can ride 20 miles in the lakes and be tired. Techy decents sound like fun as I’m looking to improve technically.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

what we did was not ‘touring’ but decent techy descents with van uplifts (for most of the climbing).

Exactly. We are mainly enduro riding now.
    Based right on the beach we have stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fun après-bike on the coast at night.
    Reviews?
    Trip Advisor
    Our Guestbook

nickc

do you still have that “unique” website?

Feedback…
    Last time I was looking; the top half was a static weather forecast, and it only had the bottom half scrolling…It wasn’t a great experience 😆

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

do you still have that “unique” website?

You´re right Nickc. Thanks for the feedback. I´ll get it improved.
    Sierra MTB

nickc

That’s loads better!!

well done 😀

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

As the author of ‘that’ thread (420 posts after being moderated slightly?) Yes it was 4 years ago. Time flies!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘First MTB holiday abroad with Sierra cycling.’ is closed to new replies.