Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • first go at single speeding
  • CheesybeanZ

mrs beanZ expressed an interest , so a trip over the local hills and she likes it 8) yes i left the front mech and shifter on , which i'll remove now .she climbed the normal route quicker than with gears … because she had too .

sory about the poor picks ,taken on my iphone .

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks good! I keep wanting to go SS but I'd be lost without my granny ring. I guess it forces you to be fitter though.

Wearing a rucksack loaded with bricks would force you to be fitter. 😛

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    meehaja
    Free Member

Given that I tend to free wheel down hills with only the odd push for speed/balance and either walk or sprint up hills, i figured I don't need gears. Bikes with gears have a place, but I'm still quicker on SS than geared (i can only assume its because I concentrate on maintianing momentum and putting strokes in in the right place?)

tazzymtb

good effort mrsbeanZ, but you do realise that this makes you an attention whore? The next thing will be odd sized wheels, funny shaped handlebars, comedy beards…..(hmmm ok maybe not in your case), but it's a slippery slope 😯

tazzymtb

lovely looking area as well, where is it?

mmb
    Free Member

i went single speed 4 weeks ago, i'm quicker without gears it would seem! and the wieght is coming down too i should have done it years ago, keep with it mrs beanz and welcome.

yetirose
    Free Member

dooooooooooooooomed welcome to insanity 🙂

ronjeremy
    Free Member

@ tazzymtb, have we met?

Well done, I converted to SS a year ago and love it, have just bought myself a Langster for the roadie moments, and personally I think it has improved my riding, well I am riding more now as I love the feel and handling combined with the don't think just pedal attitude

Bing
    Free Member

Its the way forward! Nice pics and stick with it, get one funny big wheel up front and all things get even better! 😀

CheesybeanZ

tazzy , its Bredon Hill Ayatollahs local area 😀

Yetyrose , cleaned with no dabs , well pleased for a first go 😆

CheesybeanZ

get one funny big wheel up front and all things get even better

at 5'2" a 650b might be the answer 😕

thekingofsweden

Good work big thumbs up now over to you p 😉 it's your turn.

X

But keep it a bit quiet everyone might want to have a go !

samuri
    Free Member

Glad you liked it. The last picture is very good too, you should go back with a proper camera and get that one.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘first go at single speeding’ is closed to new replies.