Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • First gas meter reading of the winter
  • JCornford

Hi

I’ve had my first bill/reading for gas since the heating has been turned on in my new house and was wondering how much is normal?

I have a 1900’s Terrace, 2 up 2 down (12×10 rooms) and my heating bil was £124.78 for the last 3 months, does that sound about right?

woody2000

Sounds cheap to me – estimated or actual?

JCornford

That’s actual readings.

midlifecrashes

Cheap. We pay more than double that in a month over the winter.

djglover
    Free Member

Mine is way more than that for a similar house, I’m expecting £200, but the Mrs is at home with the kids 4 days a week.

JCornford

It says I am using an average of 55kwh a day.

Glad to hear it is good, I don’t have a proper thermostat on my boiler, i.e. when room temperature drops below X degrees turn on.

northshoreniall

we just had bill for £104 from mid august to second week of december similar house.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

We have gone from using £60/month to £35/month by keeping the heating on constantly at a lower temperature instead of higher temp for periods where we are in. Stunned by the difference and the house is way more comfortable too.

dogpower
    Free Member

I pay £45 a month year-round for a semi. I’ve started using Zulu’s tactics, thought it was probably working, interesting that the difference was so large. We do have a wood-burner, getting better at choosing logs; manky old rotten logs are better than pretty new logs once they’ve dried out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘First gas meter reading of the winter’ is closed to new replies.