Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • First faller of the year – 9.32am beat that
  • olddonald

Lots of black ice in West Yorks this morning – headed out in some trepidation and managed precise 1.5 miles before losing the cross bike underneath me and sliding gracefully for 20 yards on my left cheek.

Turned round and went home – and trapped my thumb moving some stuff under the cellar. Much swearing heard by respectable people living above the cellar…..

Happy new year………..

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Which left cheek ?

m0rk
    Free Member

I had to dab a bit at 8.15, but nothing exciting.

Sounds like you need a cup of tea and MTFU

olddonald

I was on my a**e rather than my face – although I am sure some people mix them up with me all the time……….

Trapping the right thumb nicely balances out the brusing though..

houndlegs
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I fell down about half past midnight if that counts.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Is it that cold up North ?,Was +10 at 3am in Paris this morning. Chapeau for you being out and about, truth be told I am on my second coffee and still not dressed, grand plans of a casual spin have been written off 😳

mashiehood
    Free Member

I was planning on ride this morning as weather looks rubbish at the weekend – now looking at my turbo and thinking that’s a better idea …..

BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn & I rode the couple of miles home from a party at about 2.30 this morning and I took a little tumble at one point.

Tracey

Definitely a drop in temperature up here in Pebbles. Travelled up some riding and New Year festivities. So far we have had rain, wind, floods, snow late yesterday on the trails and loads of ice this morning.

TiRed

Zero degrees when I went out at 7 AM this morning for 50km. No ice but a heavy frost. Three wheels were not necessary

SaxonRider

Was chilly but not bad at all here in Cardiff. And other than being the subject of a ‘fly past’ by some chav in a Ford Focus, a happily uneventful ride this morning. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

had a bit of a beer related stumble at some points and that is 10hrs ahead if you lightweights

_tom_
    Free Member

I did something similar last year but my ribs took the brunt of the impact, not fun for a few months after !

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Bomb one I can win 00.32am riding home (sober I might add) found a muddy bit of road coming back from somerlayton to oulton broad went with a bit of a thud and hurt like fubar now

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘First faller of the year – 9.32am beat that’ is closed to new replies.