Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • First day of school holidays today
  • MoreCashThanDash

Yes, we are a bit behind the rest of the world here in Derbyshire.

Up at 4am to get eldest on a bus for a 5 day music trip to Belgium.

Currently at one of these new fangled trampolining centres with LittleMissMC and her new best mate. Being deafened by mid 90s dance anthem stuff in a big metal shed. Like being in my 20s all over again.

At least it serves decent coffee. And Doom Bar. Which was very tempting.

Six weeks today till I have to go back to work! By which time I’ll be deaf and broke. And smiling.

the-muffin-man

At least it serves decent coffee. And Doom Bar. Which was very tempting.

I need to know which trampoline centre this is! The last one I went to served instant coffee!

MoreCashThanDash

Oxygen on Pride Park. It’s half of the old DW soccer place.

Bring ear plugs for the banging tunes and dark glasses for the yummy mummies.

ElShalimo

@MCDC – enjoy your 6 weeks off work (you lucky sod)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Wow, OP are you a School Manager or something?

Every time I dare mention long holidays being a perk to my teaching mates they scream and wail about marking and lesson planning like they’re expected to cram 8 weeks work into 6 whilst digging for coal with a pickaxe wah wah wah.

(their facebook output does not mirror their wails).

MoreCashThanDash

Not a teacher but have gone part time/term time this year and sent MrsMC back to work full time. Easier than juggling childcare costs for the school holidays.

Lots of off road cafe rides with the kids in the pipeline 😉

ajantom

I’m a teacher, and currently in work 🙁 no kids around though, which is a bonus.
    Looking at 20 odd years of detritus that the previous encumbant has left in the room, and considering whether to use a pitchfork. I’m only joking a bit, there is a lot of crap!

MoreCashThanDash

Teachers probably deserve six weeks off more than I do. And probably spend a chunk of it clearing up or planning ahead

anagallis_arvensis

Summer holiday I do **** all work. More senior people do though. Other holidays see me work quite a bit though. Holidays are a great perk, pay isnt great though so hey ho thats life. Now I have a kid I appreciate it even more…just a shame my bike tried to cut my leg off a week ago, 3 weeks in plaster…not what I had hoped for!!

MoreCashThanDash

I can assure you that teachers pay isn’t bad for the public sector. 😉

Especially when you go part time and term time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘First day of school holidays today’ is closed to new replies.